Randi ImbriacoOf Counsel Randi.Imbriaco@gtlaw.com
Randi Imbriaco has more than two decades of experience in the health insurance industry, including business operations, state government, and legal counseling.
Randi assists clients with matters related to health benefit exchanges, health insurance operations, commercial insurance, Medicaid, Medicare, Child Health Plus, regulatory analysis, compliance, strategy, and policy making.
Randi recently served as Senior Counsel of the Northeast Region for a health insurance provider where she provided strategic and legal guidance on regulatory matters and regulatory risks, including ERISA, MHPAEA, NBPP rules, and exchange rules. She also previously served as Director of Plan Management for the New York State Department of Health.
- Provided thought leadership and advice to a new health insurer on statutory and regulatory matters in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Michigan and Ohio for the individual markets.°
- Advised on state and federal statutory and regulatory matters regarding the small group market in various states, including New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Georgia, Tennessee, Arizona, California, and Pennsylvania.°
- Advised on Medicare Advantage matters, including audits and compliance matters.°
- Supervised a large staff at a health insurance company that focused on operations for Medicaid, Child Health Plus and the Individual Market in NY.°
- Oversaw the development and implementation of the mandates project at a NY-based health insurance company and ensured all laws and regulations were proactively identified and implemented companywide.°
- Operationalized and handled all aspects of the Bureau of Plan Management for the NY State of Health within the Department of Health.°
- Created policy and recommendations for health insurance oversight and participation, including assisting the Department of Financial Services and other DOH bureaus in drafting policy and oversight requirements.°
- Provided guidance and recommendations on health care reform strategy due to the enactment of the Affordable Care Act to a NY-based health insurance company.°
°The above representations were handled by Ms. Imbriaco prior to her joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
- Director of Plan Management, NY State of Health, New York State Department of Health, 2012-2015
- Oscar Health, 2021-2022
- Director, Northeast Region Counsel, 2021-2022
- Cigna + Oscar Health Plan Counsel, 2021-2022
- Director, State Programs Operations, CDPHP, 2015-2020
- Capital District Physicians’ Health Plan, Inc., 2004-2010
- Health Care Reform Manager, 2010-2012
- Legal Counsel, 2004-2010
- Adjunct Professor, Union Graduate College (now Clarkson), School of Healthcare Management, 2012-2015
Recognition & Leadership
- Graduate, Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership
J.D., cum laude, Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University
- Health Law Certificate
- B.A., State University of New York at Albany
- New York