NEW YORK – Sept. 22, 2020 – Five attorneys from global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP were recognized as “Attorney of the Year” across five practices at the Euromoney Legal Media Group’s annual “Women in Business Law Awards Americas.” Presented virtually on Thursday, September 17, 2020, the firm was also recognized in two categories.
The following attorneys were recognized:
- Lori G. Cohen, vice chair of Greenberg Traurig, co-chair of the firm’s Global Litigation Practice, chair of the Trial Practice, and chair of the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device & Health Care Litigation Practice, was named Life Sciences Attorney of the Year.
- Sylvie A. Durham, a leader in the derivatives and hedge fund industries and shareholder in the New York office, was named as Structured Finance Attorney of the Year
- Wendy Johnson Lario, chair of the New Jersey office’s Labor & Employment Practice, was named Labor & Employment Attorney of the Year.
- Barbara Meili, vice chair of the Global Entertainment & Media Practice and chair of the New York Entertainment & Media practice, was named Media & Entertainment Attorney of the Year
- Diana S.C. Zeydel, global chair of the Private Wealth Services Practice, was named Wealth Management Attorney of the Year
The firm also won in the following categories:
- International Firm of the Year, Talent Management
- US - Midwest Firm of the Year
In addition to the winners listed above, the firm was shortlisted by Euromoney in nine categories and 15 women were shortlisted for individual awards
According to Euromoney, winners are chosen based on their ability to support the development of women in the legal profession and provide a work/life program that empowers women to pursue legal careers. Criteria include the ratio of female-to-male lawyers (at all levels of seniority), the retention of women associates to partner level, and relevant diversity initiatives. Individual winners are selected based on their professional accomplishments as well as advocacy and influence over the last 12 months.
About Greenberg Traurig’s Women’s Initiative: Greenberg Traurig is committed to its women lawyers’ success, which includes a firmwide women’s affinity group encompassing recruiting, retention, and business development. The firm regularly collaborates with like-minded organizations to address these issues on a broader scale in a variety of industries and communities. Greenberg Traurig also takes thoughtful action to address issues such as maintaining a healthy work-life balance, breaking the glass ceiling, mentoring, creating, and maintaining healthy lifestyles, and giving back to the community. Twitter: @GTLawWomen
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has approximately 2,200 attorneys in 40 locations in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, diversity, and innovation, and is consistently among the largest firms in the U.S. on the Law360 400 and among the Top 20 on the AmLaw Global 100. Web: http://www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.