MIAMI – May 21, 2021 – Global law firm Greenberg Traurig, P.A., has 42 attorneys and 13 practices in Florida recognized in The Chambers USA 2021 Guide. The firm has the highest number of Band 1 rankings in Florida. Firmwide, Greenberg Traurig has more than 180 attorneys recognized in the 2021 Guide, marking a 20% increase over last year. The firm is recognized in more than 40 of the guide’s practice areas across 19 regions.
Chambers and Partners, a UK-based publisher, selects attorneys and practice areas for inclusion based on thousands of interviews with practicing lawyers and clients around the world, according to its website.
In the USA Guide, attorneys and practice areas are ranked by placement in “bands,” with Band 1 being the highest placement. Attorneys can also be designated as a “Star Individual,” “Eminent Practitioner,” “Senior Statespeople,” “Up and Coming,” “Star Associate,” or “Associates to Watch” by market and practice.
The following Florida attorneys are recognized in special designations, in addition to any other rankings and mentions:
- Richard C. McCrea, Jr. (Labor & Employment, Florida) is a shareholder in the Tampa office and has been recognized as a star individual since 2010.
- Lucia A. Dougherty (Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use, Florida: South) is co-chair of the Miami Land Development & Zoning Practice and of counsel in the Miami office. Dougherty has been recognized as a senior statesman since 2017.
- Matthew B. Gorson (Real Estate, Florida: South) is senior chairman of the firm and a shareholder in the Miami office. Gorson has been recognized as a senior statesman since 2016.
- Barry Richard (Litigation: Appellate and Litigation: General Commercial, Florida) is a shareholder in the firm’s Tallahassee, New York, and Washington, D.C. offices. He has been recognized as a senior statesman for both practices since 2014.
Up and Coming
- Katie Molloy (Labor & Employment, Florida) is a shareholder in the Tampa office.
Associates to Watch
- Christian Brito (Insurance, Florida) is an associate in the Fort Lauderdale office.
Greenberg Traurig was recognized either statewide or in a specific Florida region for the following 13 practice areas:
- Banking & Finance
- Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
- Labor & Employment
- Litigation: Appellate
- Litigation: General Commercial: The Elite
- Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations
- Real Estate
- Real Estate: Land Use/Zoning
Below is the full listing of Florida Greenberg Traurig attorneys ranked in The Chambers USA 2021 Guide in the following markets and practice areas:
- Donn A. Beloff – Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
- Christian Brito – Insurance
- Richard J. Fidei – Insurance
- Fred E. Karlinsky – Insurance
- Kara L. MacCullough – Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
- Bruce I. March – Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
- Joel D. Maser – Tax
- Matthew W. Miller – Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
- Emilio J. Alvarez-Farré – Banking & Finance: Transactional
- Alan I. Annex – Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPACs)
- Kerri L. Barsh – Environment
- Burt Bruton – Real Estate
- Albert A. del Castillo –Public Finance
- David A. Coulson – Litigation: General Commercial
- Jaret L. Davis – Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
- Lucia A. Dougherty – Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use
- Robert J. Downing – Energy & Natural Resources
- Jared E. Dwyer – Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations
- Iris Escarra – Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use
- Carl A. Fornaris – Banking & Finance: Regulatory; Banking & Finance: Transactional
- Richard J. Giusto – Real Estate
- Matthew B. Gorson – Real Estate
- John B. Hutton III – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Michael N. Kreitzer – Litigation: General Commercial
- Nancy B. Lash – Real Estate
- Kimberly S. LeCompte – Real Estate
- Gary A. Saul – Real Estate
- Elliot H. Scherker – Litigation: Appellate
- Ozzie A. Schindler – Tax
- Alan N. Sutin – Intellectual Property
- Michael J. Thomas – Construction
- David E. Wells – Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
- Warren S. Bloom – Public Finance
- Orlando L. Evora – Real Estate
- Michael G. Murphy P.E. – Construction
- Michael J. Sullivan – Real Estate; Leisure & Hospitality
- Michael J. Cherniga – Healthcare
- Barry Richard – Litigation: Appellate; Litigation: General Commercial
- Gregory W. Kehoe – Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations
- Richard C. McCrea, Jr. – Labor & Employment
- Katie Molloy – Labor & Employment
- David B. Weinstein – Environment; Litigation: General Commercial; Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has approximately 2200 attorneys in 41 locations in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, diversity, and innovation, and is consistently among the largest firms in the U.S. on the Law360 400 and among the Top 20 on the Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.