Da Woon (Christina) Jeong ‡Shareholder email@example.com
Da Woon (Christina) Jeong is project finance lawyer with experience in the area of international project finance transactions, advising lenders (including development finance institutions, export credit agencies, and commercial banks), sponsors, and governments with a focus on power, petrochemical, and renewable energy projects in the Middle East, Central Asia, and Africa.
Prior to joining Greenberg Traurig, Christina practiced law in Korea, Japan and the United Kingdom as an energy projects lawyer at an international law firm. She has been on secondment with Nippon Export and Investment Insurance (a Japanese government export credit agency), working closely with the Structured and Trade Finance Insurance Department.
Esperienze Professionali - Attività Accademiche
- Represented consortium of lenders led by IFC on the financing of 13 solar power projects in Egypt which will form part of the Benban Solar Park.°
- Advised a Japanese export credit agency on the financing of the first waste-to-energy project with waste treatment capacity of 1.9 million tons/year and power output of 194MW in Dubai.°
- Advised the finance parties in connection with the 1.32GW Van Phong 1 coal-fired power plant project in Vietnam.
- Represented project company in connection with the 2,000MW Mesaieed A IPP power plant in Qatar.°
- Represented project company in connection with the 2,600MW Ras Laffan C IWPP power and desalination project in Qatar.°
- Represented project company (owned by Japanese corporations and local companies) in connection with the 2,000MW Sur IPP project in the Sultanate.°
- Represented a Korean export credit agency in relation to its first ever equity investment in a hydroelectric power plant in Indonesia.°
- Represented lender group (including ECAs, multilateral financial institutions, and commercial lenders) on the financing of a petrochemicals project in Uzbekistan.°
- Advised a Korean utility company in relation to its potential acquisition of shares of a developer of a nuclear project in the UK.°
- Advised a Japanese export credit agency in connection with various ongoing matters on the Petra Nova CCS-EOR project.°
- Advised a Japanese export credit agency in connection with the financing of the Area 1 Mozambique LNG project.°
- Advised a Japanese export credit agency in connection with various ongoing matters the Nacala Corridor Railway and Port, Mozambique.°
- Represented lender in relation to the financing of a 230,000 meter³ fuel storage facility at the Port of Salalah in Oman.°
- Represented The National Oil and Gas Authority (NOGA) and The Oil & Gas Holding Company on the financing of the Bahrain LNG terminal.°
- Represented investor group co-led by two global investment firms in connection with a US$250 million investment to develop a dedicated Japanese solar platform in Japan.°
- Represented a global financial institution on the sale of its private banking business in Japan to another global financial institution.°
- Represented lenders in respect of the PPP financing of two portfolios comprising 10 school units and 12 school units respectively in Attica, Greece.°
°The above representations were handled by Ms. Jeong prior to her joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
- Nippon Export and Investment Insurance, 2019 March – 2022 March
Riconoscimenti e Premi
- The Law Society (England & Wales), 2017
- The New Zealand Law Society, 2009
- LL.B., University of Auckland
- Diploma di maturità, University of Auckland
- England and Wales
- New Zealand
- Inglese, Madrelingua
- Korean, Madrelingua
- Japanese, Fluente