Matthew Linder ‡Practice Group Attorney Matthew.Linder@gtlaw.com
Matt Linder focuses his practice on patent prosecution and portfolio strategy primarily in the software and financial services arts. Deep experience in the banking industry includes performing due diligence on, and evaluation of M&A and strategic investment targets from an intellectual property perspective. Matt also has experience drafting and advising on an array of IP transactional documents and provisions, including trademark, copyright, and patent license agreements; IP assignments; non-infringement representations and warranties; and third-party IP infringement indemnity clauses.
Matt’s practice includes domestic patent application drafting, filing, and prosecution in the software, electrical, and mechanical fields. Focuses include technologies such as application programming interfaces, artificial intelligence and machine learning, authentication, infrastructure security, networking protocols, payment transactions, payment technologies (such as card rails, protocols, and digital transactions), and augmented and virtual reality.
Other areas of practice include trademark prosecution, freedom to operate, clearance, and non-infringement opinions. Other experience includes IP drafting and counseling on various technology licensing agreements, SaaS subscription agreements and software development agreements.
- Patent prosecution
- IP portfolio strategy
- M&A IP due diligence
- IP licensing agreements
Esperienze Professionali - Attività Accademiche
- Senior Counsel - Intellectual Property and Technology Law, JPMorgan Chase & Co., 2019-2021
- Software Application Design and Development, 2007-2012
- Network Engineering and Implementation, 2003-2007
- Laurea magistrale in Giurisprudenza, University of Cincinnati College of Law
- B.S., Information Technology, Software Development Track, magna cum laude, University of Cincinnati
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office