Greenberg Traurig is sponsoring their quarterly program for the Bay Area Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel. The presentation titled "The Perilous Path of Privacy Legislation in the U.S. Congress" will be led by Washington D.C. Shareholder Jonathan Becker. Jonathan has extensive knowledge and experience for privacy and antitrust policies, and will evaluate current legislative proposals during his program, including:
• The various opt-in/opt-out standards proposed
• The role of the FTC under any proposed new federal privacy regime
• The possibility of private rights of action
• The prospect of carve-outs for small businesses and entities
• The thorny issue of preemption
• The politics of privacy and the prospect of bill passage this year
The program will be held in the Silicon Valley GT office, beginning with lunch served at 11:30 AM, followed by the presentation from 12 - 1 PM. The program will qualify for 1 hour of CLE credits.