Greenberg Traurig’s Tax Practice Group's presentation will be on how the COVID-19 crisis and shelter-at-home orders affect state and local taxes; how (some) states have responded and the longer-term implications of more people working remotely—as individuals and businesses may need to alter their tax plans and filings to match the altered work conditions caused by the pandemic.
Key Topics to be Addressed:
• Effects of working remotely on personal income taxes, withholding, residency and telecommuting, and record-keeping requirements
• Implications for businesses on employees working remotely; nexus, withholding, and apportionment
• Longer term considerations; changing domicile, estate planning, and relocating your business
• Glenn Newman, Shareholder, Tax, New York
• James Martin, Associate, Tax, New York
• Shira Peleg, Associate, Tax, New York