Mark Hichar focuses his practice on the gaming industry, and brings to each project over 25 years of experience working for gaming operators, system suppliers, game developers, and gaming licensees. Mark has worked as both inside and outside counsel to gaming companies, and understands the need to provide clear, practical, and actionable advice. Mark has particularly deep experience working with operators of casinos and lottery systems, and entities licensed by or contracted with domestic or foreign government gaming regulatory bodies. Working with clients of all sizes, Mark has advised and documented a variety of cross-border transactions and lottery privatizations, and has structured joint ventures to do business in countries including China, Italy, Japan, Russia, South Africa, and Taiwan.
- Gaming technology development and licensing
- Government procurement processes
- Structuring gaming-related joint ventures and teaming arrangements
- Gaming licensing applications
- Licensing, compliance and corporate governance issues
- Cross-border transactions