Michael Taylor is Chair of the Greenberg Traurig OSHA Practice group. Michael focuses his nationwide practice on representing employers regarding workplace safety and health matters. Over the last two decades, Michael has represented hundreds of employers during federal and state workplace safety and health litigation, many of which involved a significant injury, fatality, fire, explosion, or catastrophic release of a highly hazardous substance in the workplace. Michael also provides federal and state workplace safety and health compliance counseling, inspection counseling, whistleblower representation, and due diligence reviews for clients.
Michael previously served as General Counsel to the federal Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission, the agency in charge of adjudicating workplace safety and health disputes between federal OSHA and the regulated community.
Michael also represents employers regarding Chemical Safety Board investigations in response to a significant fire, explosion, or catastrophic release of a highly hazardous substance in the workplace.
Michael also represents employers regarding the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE), the federal agency in charge of regulating workplace safety and environmental matters on the U.S Outer Continental Shelf.
Michael also represents Thoroughbred horse racing tracks, owners, trainers, and veterinarians regarding the rulemaking and enforcement of the Horseracing Integrity and Safety Authority Act of 2020 concerning anti-doping, medication control, and racetrack safety.
Michael is the Founder and Host of the Greenberg Traurig Workplace Safety Review Podcast, where he interviews influential environmental, health, and safety professionals across the country regarding timely and important topics in the environmental, health and safety world.
- Chemical Safety Board
- Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE)
- Environmental, Social and Governance
Podcast | Workplace Safety Review
- Episode 34 | Interview with James Stallcup, CEO of Grayboy International Inc.
- Episode 33 | Interview with Josh Bernstein, Dallas Office of the Solicitor for the Department of Labor, who represented OSHA regarding workplace safety and health matters
- Episode 32 | Interview with Abre’ Conner, Director of the Center for Environmental and Climate Justice at the NAACP
- Episode 31 | Michael Taylor and Adam Roseman talk about the last year in the world of OSHA and what to expect in 2023
- Episode 30 | Interview with Samuel Peña, Houston Fire Department Chief
- Episode 29 | Interview with Tim Robson, Director of Tribalco's Rescue and Safety Division
- Episode 28 | Interview with Nadine Mancini, General Counsel of the federal Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission
- Episode 27 | Interview with Deborah Harris, Chief of the United States Department of Justice Environmental Crimes Section
- Episode 26 | Interview with Rod Harvey, Director of Industrial Hygiene and Field Services for RHP Risk Management Inc.
- Episode 25 | Interview with Dr. John Howard, Director of NIOSH and Administrator of the World Trade Center Health Program in the US Department of Health and Human Services
- Episode 24 |Interview with Douglas Parker, Assistant Secretary of Labor for Occupational Safety and Health in the Biden Administration
- Episode 23 | Interview with Brad Giles, American Society of Safety Professionals President
- Episode 22 | Interview with Michael Jayjock
- Episode 21 | Interview with Sam Harkins, Versa Integrity Group, Inc. Environmental, Health & Safety Vice President
- Episode 20 | Interview with Morgan Hager, Vice President of Health, Safety, Environment and Regulatory at Chesapeake Energy
- Episode 19 | Michael Taylor and Adam Roseman talk about the last year in the world of OSHA and what to expect in 2022
- Episode 18 | Interview with Jordan Barab, Former OSHA Deputy Assistant Secretary
- Episode 17 | Interview with Jess McCluer, Vice President of Safety and Regulatory Affairs for the National Grain and Feed Association
- Episode 16 | Interview with Richard Levick, Chairman and CEO of LEVICK – a crisis PR firm
- Episode 15 | Interview with Mark Catlin, Industrial Hygienist, MDC Consulting and Training
- Episode 14 | Interview with Mark Rothstein, University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law and School of Medicine Director
- Episode 13 | Interview with Marc Freedman, U.S. Chamber of Commerce VP of Employment Policy
- Episode 12 | Interview with Amanda Wood Laihow, Commissioner of the Federal Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission
- Episode 11 | Interview with Francene Diehl, Corporate Director of Safety for Chesapeake Utilities Corporation
- Episode 10 | Interview with Richard Fairfax, former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Labor for federal OSHA
- Episode 9 | Michael Taylor and Adam Roseman talk about what lies ahead under the Biden Administration regarding workplace safety and health issues.
- Episode 8 | Interview with Doug Parker, Cal-OSHA Chief
- Episode 7 | Interview with Quentin Baker, President of Baker Engineering and Risk Consultants
- Episode 6 | Interview with Jess Lankford, Nevada OSHA Chief
- Episode 5 | Interview with David Moore, President of AcuTech Consulting
- Episode 4 | Interview with Greg Richey, former President of Colden Corporation
- Episode 3 | Interview with Hamid Arabzadeh, President of HRA Environmental Consultants
- Episode 2 | Interview with Mike Hazzan, Technical Manager of Acutech Consulting
- Episode 1 | Interview with John Howard, Director of the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health