CHICAGO – June 8, 2016 – Twenty attorneys from the Chicago office of international law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP are named as leading practitioners in their field in the 2016 edition of Chambers USA. Firmwide, more than 190 attorneys are listed in this year’s guide.
According to its website, Chambers & Partners, publisher of annual guides in several global markets, selects attorneys and practice areas for inclusion based on thousands of interviews with practicing lawyers and clients around the world.
Attorneys and practice areas are ranked by placement in “bands,” with Band 1 being the highest placement. Attorneys can also be designated as a “Star Individual,” “Eminent Practitioner,” “Senior Statesman,” “Up and Coming,” “Star Associate,” or “Associate to Watch” by market and practice.
Chicago attorneys receiving individual rankings include:
- Andrew R. Cardonick – Banking & Finance
- Michael T. Fishman – Real Estate
- Mark R. Galis – Intellectual Property
- Alan R. Greenfield – Franchising (Nationwide)
- Michael D. Karpeles – Labor & Employment
- Matthew R. Lewin – Banking & Finance
- Peter H. Lieberman – Corporate/M&A
- Corey E. Light – Real Estate
- Felicia V. Manno – Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations
- Todd A. Mazur – Corporate/M&A: Private Equity
- Scott Mendeloff – Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations
- Nancy A. Peterman – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Martha A. Sabol – Gaming (Nationwide)
- Keith J. Shapiro – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Gary R. Silverman – Corporate/M&A: Private Equity
- Richard A. Sirus – Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation
Chicago attorneys named as “Recognized Practitioners” include:
- Sean W. Bezark – Environment
- Richard D. Harris – Intellectual Property
- Charles J. Kolin – Banking & Finance
- David J. LaSota – Banking & Finance
Practice areas receiving “Band” placement in the Illinois rankings include:
- Banking & Finance
- Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
- Intellectual Property
- Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations
- Real Estate
For a complete listing of rankings, client and peer commentary, and editorial summaries by Chambers & Partners researches and editors, please click here.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GTLaw) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East and is celebrating its 50th anniversary. One firm worldwide, GTLaw has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, was named the largest firm in the U.S. by Law360 in 2017, and among the Top 20 on the 2016 Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.