MIAMI – March 13, 2017– As international law firm Greenberg Traurig, P.A. began its 50th year, it elevated to Shareholder eight Florida attorneys in the Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa and West Palm Beach offices: Shannon Bothwell; Evan A. Kanter; Noam Lipshitz; Katie Molloy; Elizabeth E. Moum; Ethan B. Wasserman; Lauren R. Whetstone; and Reggie Zachariah. John R. Dodd was elevated to Of Counsel in its Miami office.
- Bothwell is a member of the Real Estate Practice and the Financial Regulatory and Compliance Practice in the Miami office. She focuses her practice on transactions involving real property, including acquisition, financing and operations. Formerly an in-house attorney for a federally chartered bank, she also advises financial institutions on regulatory and compliance matters. Bothwell graduated from Yale Law School in 2001.
- Kanter is a member of the Corporate & Securities Practice in the Miami office. He focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, capital raising, joint ventures and general corporate law. Kanter represents a broad range of clients at all stages of development, including private equity funds, portfolio companies, startup companies and private investors. Kanter received his CPA in 2005 and graduated from the University of Chicago Law School in 2008.
- Lipshitz is a member of the Tax Practice in the Fort Lauderdale office. He focuses his practice on tax matters, with an emphasis on corporate transactions and is experienced in handling the tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, securities offerings and real estate transactions. Lipshitz graduated magna cum laude from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University in 2009 and received his LL.M. from New York University School of Law in 2012.
- Molloy is a member of the Labor & Employment Litigation Practice in the Tampa office. She focuses her practice on trade secret and restrictive covenant litigation, and defending matters involving discrimination, harassment, wrongful discharge and wage and hour claims in state and federal court. She assists employers with administrative investigations before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Department of Labor and National Labor Relations Board. She graduated from William & Mary Law School in 2006.
- Moum is a member of the Securities Litigation Practice in the West Palm Beach office. She represents major broker-dealers and registered representatives in securities litigations, arbitrations and regulatory proceedings before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), the Securities and Exchange Commission and state regulators. Her practice includes defending financial services firms in employment disputes. Moum graduated cum laude from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2009.
- Wasserman is a member of the Real Estate Practice and the Land Development Practice in the Miami office. He focuses his practice on land use and general real estate matters, representing clients in all aspects of the development approval process, including due diligence, planning and zoning applications, platting, construction permitting, licensing and code enforcement. He graduated cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law in 2008.
- Whetstone is a member of the Litigation Practice in the West Palm Beach office. She focuses her practice in the areas of complex commercial litigation and securities litigation, and has broad experience representing domestic and international clients in state and federal courts, as well as before the American Arbitration Association and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority. She graduated cum laude from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2007.
- Zachariah is a member of the Corporate & Securities Practice and the Insurance Regulatory & Transactions Practice in the Fort Lauderdale office. He focuses his practice on private equity transactions and mergers and acquisitions. Zachariah’s industry experience includes health care technology and services, life sciences, education, franchises, retail, infrastructure, chemical products, agricultural chemicals and insurance. He graduated cum laude from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2009.
- Dodd is a member of the Restructuring & Bankruptcy Practice in the Miami office. He is experienced in handling transactions and litigations that arise in business reorganizations, liquidations, distressed asset acquisitions and sales, financial restructurings and loan workouts. Dodd graduated cum laude from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2006
“These outstanding attorneys represent the future leaders of our firm and we look forward to their continued growth and success,” said Matt Gorson, Greenberg Traurig Senior Chairman. “They have all exhibited the talent, leadership and dedication to their clients and communities that have been long-standing values of Greenberg Traurig.”
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GTLaw) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East and is celebrating its 50th anniversary. One firm worldwide, GTLaw has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, was named the second largest firm in the U.S. by Law360 in 2016, and among the Top 20 on the 2016 Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.