Jason’s practice involves commercial litigation matters in state and federal courts, arbitrations, and other alternative dispute resolution proceedings, including business torts, employment and restrictive covenant litigation, disputes involving closely-held companies and partnerships, privacy disputes, contentious information technology and domain name litigation, and class action defense. Jason also assists clients with internal investigations and in their dealings with local and federal government representatives.
In addition to his courtroom and appellate advocacy, Jason regularly helps clients anticipate and prevent problems from turning into major disputes. Jason is dedicated to understanding his clients’ businesses so that he can provide practical, cost-efficient strategies for identifying and achieving their goals.
Jason also volunteers his time representing pro se litigants in judicial settlement conferences through the Northern District of Illinois’ Settlement Assistance Program.
- Employment disputes, including restrictive covenant, trade secret, and ERISA litigation
- Breach of contract and fraud disputes in a variety of industries
- Disputes involving closely-held companies and partnerships
- Representation of clients in matters involving business torts, unfair competition claims, privacy and publication rights, consumer class action defense, as well as Lanham Act and Deceptive Trade Practices Act claims
- Prosecuting and defending claims under the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act, CAN-SPAM, and Computer Fraud and Abuse Act
- Representation of clients in both internal and governmental investigations
- Dispute avoidance and counseling