Of Counsel Darren Abernethy will lead this one hour webinar. As the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) transitions from its effective date to its rapidly approaching enforcement date, businesses in California, the rest of the U.S., and elsewhere continue to grapple with this complicated new law as it relates to cookies and other advertising-related practices occurring on their digital properties.
Topics to be addressed include:
- An overview of the digital advertising ecosystem and ad tech in relation to key definitions under the CCPA
- How the CCPA affects website cookie consent practices
- How to evaluate website and mobile application vendors, and what contractual controls may be necessary to clarify their status under the CCPA
- A synopsis of currently proposed self-regulatory and related CCPA “Do Not Sell” solution possibilities
- An explanation of what’s on the horizon in terms of likely enforcement, finalized CCPA regulations, and a ballot initiative already seeking to update the CCPA