Jeremy W. Burdon, Ph.D. is a registered Patent Agent in the Intellectual Property & Technology Practice of the firm's Phoenix office. He focuses his practice on patent prosecution (domestic and foreign) and patent portfolio management. He brings to his practice an extensive technical and practical knowledge base, spanning advanced materials, physical technologies, imaging technologies, physical and bio-image analysis software and tools, wireless / RF devices and systems, biomedical devices, diagnostics, therapeutics, electromechanical, nanotechnology and MEMS materials, devices and sensors, alternative energy technologies, and mechanical innovations.
Jeremy has experience operating at the intersection of intellectual property, business, and technology within Fortune 500 corporate, small business & academic environments. Prior to joining the firm, he spent 18 years in corporate R&D, including Motorola Inc. and Medtronic Inc., where his experience included R&D, product development, competitive intelligence, IP management and patent prosecution.
- Intellectual property
- Patent prosecution (domestic and foreign)
- Technology assessments and patentability opinions
- Patent portfolio management
- Chemistry, polymer and ceramic science
- Advanced MEMS, nanotechnology materials and sensors
- Alternative energy technologies
- Thin-film technologies and devices
- RF and wireless devices and sensors
- Implantable medical devices
- In-vitro diagnostic devices and sensors