Tom loves to negotiate deals. He believes that every transaction presents as an opportunity for parties to find common ground and enjoys helping his clients capitalize upon that opportunity. When obstacles or complications arise, Tom embraces the challenge of developing unique and innovative strategies that protect his client’s interests but also allow the transaction to move forward. Most importantly, Tom enjoys delivering value to his clients by managing an effective and efficient deal process and by negotiating and drafting transaction documents that clearly and concisely reflect the business deal.
Tom’s approach to delivering value through the deal process has allowed him to develop an international corporate transactional practice representing public companies and large private equity firms in complex mergers and acquisitions and securities offerings.
- Developing innovative tools, techniques and technologies that assist deal makers to deliver more value to their clients in structuring, negotiating and documenting their deals.
- Negotiating transactions totaling billions of dollars in the real estate, resort and hospitality, media, oil and gas, clean energy, high tech and telecommunications industries.
- Forming Joint Ventures and Partnerships in the oil and gas, real estate, infrastructure, investment advisory and general corporate industries.
- Advising clients on public-private and public-public mergers, stock and asset purchases, and stock swaps.
- Advising boards of public companies in connection with their fiduciary duties and corporate governance under Colorado and Delaware law.
- Assisting public companies prepare federal and state securities filings, helping public and private companies raise capital through private placements.
- Counselling corporate and individual clients on securities law violations.