Michael Taylor is Chair of the Greenberg Traurig OSHA Practice group. Michael focuses his nationwide practice exclusively on representing employers regarding workplace safety and health matters. Over the last two decades, Michael has represented hundreds of employers during federal and state workplace safety and health litigation, many of which involved a significant injury, fatality, fire, explosion, or catastrophic release of a highly hazardous substance in the workplace. Michael also provides federal and state workplace safety and health compliance counseling, inspection counseling, whistleblower representation, and due diligence reviews for clients. Michael also represents employers regarding Chemical Safety Board investigations in response to a significant fire, explosion, or catastrophic release of a highly hazardous substance in the workplace. Michael has significant experience in the oil, gas, electric utility, grain, construction, and chemical manufacturing industries.
Michael previously served as General Counsel to the federal Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission, the agency in charge of adjudicating workplace safety and health disputes between federal OSHA and the regulated community.
In 2020, Michael was recognized as a "Labor & Employment Star" in the Benchmark Litigation Labor & Employment rankings, and, in 2013, EHS Today named Michael as one of the Top 50 People Who Most Influenced Environmental, Health, and Safety.
Michael is also the Founder and Host of the Greenberg Traurig Workplace Safety Review Podcast, where he interviews influential environmental, health, and safety professionals across the country regarding timely and important topics in the environmental, health and safety world.
- Environmental, Social and Governance
- Chemical Safety Board
Podcast | Workplace Safety Review
- Episode 28 | Interview with Nadine Mancini
- Episode 27 | Interview with Deborah Harris
- Episode 26 | Interview with Rod Harvey
- Episode 25 | Interview with Dr. John Howard
- Episode 24 |Interview with Douglas Parker
- Episode 23 | Interview with Brad Giles, American Society of Safety Professionals President
- Episode 22 | Interview with Michael Jayjock
- Episode 21 | Interview with Sam Harkins, Versa Integrity Group, Inc. Environmental, Health & Safety Vice President
- Episode 20 | Michael Taylor and Adam Roseman discuss ESG and safety issues with Morgan Hager, Vice President of Health, Safety, Environment and Regulatory at Chesapeake Energy
- Episode 19 | Michael Taylor and Adam Roseman talk about the last year in the world of OSHA and what to expect in 2022
- Episode 18 | Special Guest: Jordan Barab, Former OSHA Deputy Assistant Secretary
- Episode 17 | Special Guest: Jess McCluer, National Grain and Feed Association
- Episode 16 | Special Guest: Richard Levick – Richard discusses his work as the chairman and CEO of LEVICK, a crisis PR firm.
- Episode 15 | Special Guest: Mark Catlin, Industrial Hygienist, MDC Consulting and Training – Mark addresses his work with the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill cleanup, his work at SEIU assisting unions after workplace fatalities at industrial sites, the H1N1, Ebola, and COVID-19 pandemics, and how OSHA has changed over the last 40 years.
- Episode 14 | Special Guest: Mark Rothstein, University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law and School of Medicine Director – Mark discusses employer mandated vaccines dealing with COVID-19.
- Episode 13 | Special Guest: Marc Freedman, U.S. Chamber of Commerce VP of Employment Policy – Marc talks about OSHA under the new administration and what to expect from an OSHA Emergency Temporary Standard on COVID-19
- Episode 12 | Special Guest: Amanda Wood Laihow, Commissioner of the Federal Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission – Amanda talks about what the regulatory community needs to know about litigating cases before OSHRC.
- Episode 11 | Special Guest: Francene Diehl, Corporate Director of Safety for Chesapeake Utilities Corporation – Francene talks about diversity in the environmental, health and safety community and what needs to be done.
- Episode 10 | Special Guest: Richard Fairfax, former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Labor for federal OSHA – Rich talks about OSHA Enforcement over the last 50 years and its future in workplace safety and health.
- Episode 9 | Michael Taylor and Adam Roseman talk about what lies ahead under the Biden Administration regarding workplace safety and health issues.
- Episode 8 | Special Guest: Doug Parker, Cal-OSHA Chief – Doug discusses the new California COVID-19 Temporary Standard and the plans Cal-OSHA has for 2021.
- Episode 7 | Special Guest: Quentin Baker, President of Baker Engineering and Risk Consultants – Quentin discusses what EHS professionals need to know regarding accident investigations.
- Episode 6 | Special Guest: Jess Lankford, Nevada OSHA Chief – Jess discusses the new Nevada COVID-19 regulations.
- Episode 5 | Special Guest: David Moore, President of AcuTech Consulting – David discusses the 30th Anniversary of the Process Safety Management standard.
- Episode 4 | Special Guest: Greg Richey, former President of Colden Corporation – Greg discusses how to determine whether an employee contracting COVID-19 is work-related.
- Episode 3 | Special Guest: Hamid Arabzadeh, President of HRA Environmental Consultants – Hamid discusses recordkeeping issues associated with COVID-19.
- Episode 2 | Special Guest: Mike Hazzan, Technical Manager of Acutech Consulting – Mike discusses how the COVID-19 pandemic was impacting how companies address process safety management issues.
- Episode 1 | Special Guest: John Howard, Director of the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health – John discusses NIOSH and CDC guidance for employers regarding COVID-19.