DENVER – May 21, 2018 – Global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP and the Denver Business Journal will co-host a panel discussion titled “How Leading Companies are Navigating Innovation & Disruption,” May 22, in Denver, Colorado. Thomas B. Romer, a shareholder in the firm’s Denver office, will participate as a panelist in the discussion, moderated by Denver Business Journal Publisher Pete Casillas. Other panelists include George Bye, CEO of Bye Aerospace; Chris Terill, CEO of ANGI Home Services; and Meghan Marsden, Co-founder of Veil Intimates. The panel will explore innovation and disruption in the Denver region and nationwide.
“In the face of rapidly changing consumer demands and new threats to old business models, industry innovators explore tactics for consistently staying ahead of the curve,” said Romer, who is among the leaders of Greenberg Traurig’s global innovation efforts and regularly writes and speaks on how innovation and technology are changing the practice of law. Greenberg Traurig is consistently recognized among in-house counsel for its reputation as a leader in innovation.
Romer, a member of the firm’s Corporate Practice, has a robust practice focusing on developing innovative tools, techniques, and technologies that assist deal makers to deliver more value to their clients in structuring, negotiating, and documenting their deals. He has negotiated transactions totaling billions of dollars in the real estate, resort and hospitality, media, oil and gas, clean energy, high tech, and telecommunications industries.
About Greenberg Traurig’s Tradition of Innovation
Innovation has been the life-blood of success at Greenberg Traurig. While fear can paralyze or perfection create a struggle, Greenberg Traurig has made change its own and prospered with a focus not on perfection but on its value as attorneys, community builders, and innovators. What’s best about innovation is that it never ends; 50 years later and the firm is still winning at adapting. Greenberg Traurig is not perfect but is perfectly suited for today’s, and tomorrow’s, ever-changing legal and business environments: moving forward. In everything it does, Greenberg Traurig strives to be the go-to firm for innovation, because its clients deserve it.
- GT has a long tradition of innovative use of technology. It was one of the first law firms to take advantage of virtual machine solutions, over 20 years ago, and it has continued to innovate.
- GT has provided client access to documents and files for more than 15 years, long before the term “extranet” was commonly known.
- The firm’s intranet is often used as a showcase example of creative and efficient knowledge access, serving as a central resource for all of GT’s practice and administrative areas.
- GT works closely with top vendors to maintain a computing platform that is at the pinnacle of reliability, security, and performance.
- The firm was recognized as one of eight law firms that earned a reputation among in-house counsel as leaders of the pack, according to the 2016 BTI Brand Elite Report by BTI Consulting Group. GT was cited as among the “best of the best” at leading the way in creating new legal services and setting a standard that clients will expect moving forward.
Greenberg Traurig is committed to be an industry leader in developing innovative approaches that deliver value to clients, specifically tailored to their needs.
About Greenberg Traurig’s Denver office
Greenberg Traurig's Denver team offers clients a business-minded perspective into legal issues as well as a strategic gateway for Denver businesses to operate in today’s global marketplace. The Denver team’s core practice areas include American Indian Law, appellate litigation, commercial litigation, compensation and benefits, corporate transactions, employment litigation, energy and natural resources, environmental compliance and litigation, federal regulatory and administrative law, financial services litigation, health care and FDA law, intellectual property and technology, land use and zoning, mergers and acquisitions, public finance, real estate, securities law, and tax.
About Greenberg Traurig
Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, was named the largest firm in the U.S. by Law360 in 2017, and is among the Top 20 on the 2017 Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.