Michael R. Friedman focuses his practice on maximizing his clients’ trademark, trade dress copyright, and other intellectual property rights through litigation, portfolio management, licensing, and counseling. Michael’s work includes brand development management, analyzing trademark clearance searches, managing large global trademark portfolios, conducting advertising clearance, developing worldwide trademark filing and enforcement strategies, acquiring intellectual property, and policing the use of his clients’ marks on the Internet. He counsels clients on best practices and responsive strategies in connection with the use of their intellectual property on websites and social media platforms.
Michael also has wide-ranging experience litigating trademark, trade dress, and copyright matters before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and Federal Courts, and preparing and filing UDRP complaints involving issues of bad faith use, infringement, and squatting.
- Trademark, trade dress, and anti-counterfeiting litigation
- Copyright litigation
- Trademarks portfolio and brand management
- Trademark clearance and selection
- Domestic and foreign trademark oppositions/cancellations and prosecution
- Trademark and copyright prosecution
- Copyrights registration and enforcement
- Domain names, Internet, and social media
- Protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights online, including recovery of domain names and social media accounts and the rapid takedown of infringing or otherwise problematic content