Freya MeadAssociate Freya.Mead@gtlaw.com
Freya Mead is an associate in the Civil Fraud and Business Disputes group in Greenberg Traurig's London office. Her practice focuses on complex civil fraud claims and general commercial disputes, many of which are multi-jurisdictional in nature.
Freya has experience representing both claimants and defendants in contentious cases of significant value, often involving allegations of fraud, conspiracy, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary and directors' duties, and insolvency claims. Freya has also acted for high-net-worth individuals and corporate clients in relation to competition disputes, art and private wealth disputes, and corporate matters.
- Currently representing the first and main defendant in one of The Lawyer’s top 20 cases for 2020, and one of the largest disputes ever before the Commercial Court, involving alleged secret commissions in the Middle East and Europe. The case raises important issues of jurisdiction, applicable law, and Swiss banking secrecy.
- Acted for the Kingdom of Sweden in pursuit of fraud claims under Maltese and Swedish law seeking in excess of €115 million.°
- Acted for a Russian businessman in respect of a claim brought by an organ of the Russian State, in relation to alleged participation in a large-scale fraud leading to the collapse of a bank.°
- Defended a Ukrainian businessman in a $380m civil fraud dispute brought by Russian energy giant Tatneft, following a 42 day fully virtual trial.°
- Provided advice on strategic dispute resolution options for a major European electronics retailer to successfully settle a multi-million pound electronics cartel dispute.°
- Acted for a major UK supermarket to secure a recovery of c. £70 million in respect of claims arising out of multilateral interchange fees imposed by Visa and MasterCard.°
°The above representations were handled by Ms. Mead prior to her joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
Sukcesy i wyróżnienia
- Member, Young Fraud Lawyers Association, 2020-Present
- Legal Practice Course, Distinction, BPP Law School
- Graduate Diploma in Law, Distinction, BPP Law School
- M.A., Byzantine Art, Distinction, Courtauld Institute of Art
- B.A., First Class Honours, University of Cambridge
- Anglia i Walia