Jay Ruby advises international and domestic business clients on the development and management of innovative, cost-effective, and compliant immigration strategies and programs for foreign national employees. Jay represents businesses of all sizes before the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS), Department of Labor (DOL), and Department of State (DOS) regarding applications and petitions for nonimmigrant and immigrant work visas and permanent resident status. He also advises employers on immigration compliance and strategies related to corporate restructurings, mergers, acquisitions, spin-offs, and downsizing.
Jay has wide-ranging experience developing H-2B visa strategies for seasonal and peak-load employers in the hospitality, landscaping, and construction industries, and representing H-1B and H-2B employers before the DOL’s Wage and Hour Division. He also regularly handles applications for O-1 and O-2 visas for entertainment employers and agents, as well as outstanding researchers and professors. Jay advises companies in a range of industries, including entertainment and motion pictures, construction, hospitality, health care, biomedical, technology, petroleum and energy, higher education, financial services, and banking.
- Temporary work visas (E-1/E-2, H-1B, H-2B, H-3, J-1, L-1, O-1, TN)
- Permanent work visas and employment-based green cards
- Immigration-related corporate compliance
- Due diligence for mergers and acquisitions
- Form I-9 compliance, including ICE Form I-9 audits and investigations
- H-1B LCA and H-2B wage/hour audits and DOL Wage Hour investigations
- E-Verify compliance (federal contractor and state law)
- DOJ OSC investigations
- Foreign visas