GT Shareholder Vernon Lewis is speaking at the 15th Annual Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Houston Conference, the go-to anti-corruption event for local and regional industry on January 26-27. Vernon is participating on the panel titled, "Achieving Effective, Data-Driven Compliance and Monitoring: Real-Life Takeaways for Putting Theory into Practice" on Day 2 from 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
The key takeaways from the panel are:
- Defining the key metrics and conducting risk assessments to gain a full understanding of business operations
- Measuring risk and compliance weaknesses through qualitative and quantitative data
- Implementing a data-monitoring system and identifying what pieces of data are important to collect and monitor, in order to produce efficient reports and dashboards
- Engaging relevant stakeholders and owners of relevant systems early in the process, while addressing data security issues and, defining peer responsibilities
- Operationalizing policies and coordinating with IT partners to assist with monitoring security controls