PHILADELPHIA – May 30, 2019 – The latest addition of real estate attorney Jennifer L. Wunder comes amid 18 months of robust growth for the Real Estate group in global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP's Philadelphia office.
“We are proud of the attorneys who have joined us, like Jennifer, as well as those we have retained and continue to cultivate in this group. We have high expectations of what they will deliver, both in terms of development deals and client relationships, and they are already exceeding those expectations,” said Curtis B. Toll, managing shareholder for the Philadelphia office.
“This team is highly skilled, deeply energetic, and focused on matters worthy of the upper ranks of real estate attorneys, not just in Philadelphia, but nationally,” Toll said.
Wunder, who joined Greenberg Traurig in April from Fox Rothschild LLP, has deep experience in transactional real estate matters focused on sales, acquisitions, financing, leasing, construction contracts, and other elements of due diligence. She also handles zoning and land use matters, representing clients in application to and hearings before municipal zoning boards and governing bodies as well as real estate litigation matters, from assessment appeals to mandamus actions.
A cum laude graduate of both Providence College and Temple University’s Beasley School of Law, she also served on Temple Law Review. Beyond involvement with the bar associations of Philadelphia and Bucks County, Wunder also serves as board secretary for the YWCA Bucks County and is a past member of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation’s Young Leadership Committee.
The Philadelphia Real Estate team is part of the firm’s 400-plus Global Real Estate practice.
At the Philadelphia office of Greenberg Traurig, Wunder joins:
- Robert D. Lane Jr., Philadelphia Real Estate Practice Leader, who came to Greenberg Traurig in 2018. A longtime multidisciplinary real estate deal maker, University of Penn lecturer, and civic leader, Lane has led real estate practices in the market at Stevens & Lee, Pepper Hamilton, and Morgan Lewis & Bockius.
- Joshua D. Cohen, a shareholder deeply experienced in sophisticated joint ventures, acquisitions, developments, financing, leasing and dispositions of multi-family through retail developments. He routinely represents developers, institutional investors, and lenders in projects concerning affordable housing, alternative energy, public real estate development financing, and environmentally contaminated real estate, engaging in complex real estate financing workouts, bond financing, commercial and industrial leasing, among other areas. The team member accolades for the George Washington University Law School grad run from Chambers USA Award for Excellence, Real Estate to Law360’s “Real Estate Practice Group of the Year.” He also has been listed as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyers “Rising Star” for Super Lawyers magazine. Admitted in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, he joined the firm in 2008.
- John P. Schwartz, a shareholder with rich experience in negotiating and closing a wide array of commercial real estate transactions locally and nationally. His practice focuses on acquisition, development, joint venture and mortgage financing transactions. He represents developers, insurance companies, investment advisors, real estate funds, private equity companies and mortgage lenders. He has been listed as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyers “Rising Star” for Super Lawyers magazine and a bar member in New York and Philadelphia. An area native, he earned cum laude and magna cum laude degrees from the University of Pittsburgh and New York Law School, respectively. He arrived in 2018 from Cozen O’Connor.
- Michael A. Suleta, an attorney with a diverse array of business and real estate experiences and subsequent financial transactions. He routinely represents developers as well as institutional investors and lenders in the acquisition, disposition, financing, leasing and management of multi-family, industrial, office, retail and hotel properties. A former financial management consultant for a top-tier accounting firm, the Rutgers-Camden law grad was a team member for Greenberg Traurig’s Chambers USA Award for Excellence, Real Estate Admitted in Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, and California, he came to the firm in 2011.
- Eric DiMuzio, an attorney whose focus on commercial leasing, purchases and sales, financing and joint ventures benefits clients matters. Admitted in Pennsylvania and New York, he is a graduate of Penn State University of high distinction, a cum laude graduate of Cornell Law School and former managing editor of its Journal of Law and Public Policy. He too, was a team member for Greenberg Traurig’s Chambers USA Award for Excellence, Real Estate. He joined in 2018.
- Laura Bottaro, an attorney who handles commercial real estate and corporate transactions also structures acquisitions and dispositions of commercial properties, including mixed-use, industrial, and vacant land. Her due diligence on borrowers and collateral and role as an advisor for banks and equity lenders are among the skills of this Delaware Law School graduate. In addition to her admissions in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, she possesses entrepreneurial experience, having previously co-founded a subscription bagel business. She joined in 2018.
“A strong local presence in the real estate space is part of our long-term vision for this market, and we’ve been selective and strategic about how we have assembled this team,” Toll said. “Our talent here is comprised of top-notch lawyers that also are civically-minded and able to help area business leaders achieve greater heights through our firm’s global platform.”
“The growth of the Real Estate Practice in Philadelphia has contributed to our already deep bench of award-winning real estate attorneys who are focused on delivering quality and value for clients across sectors,” noted a joint statement from the co-chairs of the firm’s award-winning Global Real Estate Practice, Robert J. Ivanhoe, Corey E. Light, and Richard J. Giusto.
About Greenberg Traurig’s Philadelphia office: Founded in 1997, Greenberg Traurig’s Philadelphia office is home to nearly 50 attorneys and practices that include Real Estate, Public Finance, Litigation, Labor & Employment, Environmental, Government Law & Policy, Restructuring & Bankruptcy, Corporate & Securities, Intellectual Property, Immigration & Compliance, Investment Regulation, and Tax. The Philadelphia office represents clients in the manufacturing, health care, real estate, energy, financial, and insurance industries, state and local governments, professional service, and energy firms and individuals.
About Greenberg Traurig’s Real Estate Practice: Greenberg Traurig’s Real Estate Practice is a cornerstone of the firm and recognized leader in the industry. The firm’s real estate attorneys deliver diversified and comprehensive counsel for property acquisition and investment, development, management and leasing, financing, restructuring, and disposition of all asset classes of real estate. The team draws upon the knowledge and experience of more than 400 real estate lawyers from around the world, serving clients from key markets in the United States, Europe, the Middle East, and Latin America. The group’s clientele includes a broad range of property developers, lenders, investment managers, private equity funds, REITs, and private owners. The firm’s real estate team advises clients on a variety of matters across a broad spectrum of commercial, recreational, and residential real estate, including structured equity and debt and the hybrids.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 39 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, was named the largest firm in the U.S. by Law360 in 2017, and is among the Top 20 on the 2017 Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.