HOUSTON – Aug. 19, 2019 – The 2020 edition of Best Lawyers in America recognized 30 Greenberg Traurig attorneys in 31 practice areas across the global firm’s three Texas offices.
Additionally, Kyle K. Fox, a shareholder in the firm’s Austin office, was named “Lawyer of the Year” in the category of Mergers & Acquisitions. Only one attorney in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is honored as a “Lawyer of the Year.” Those recognized with this honor are selected based on voting averages received during peer-review assessments for their legal acumen, professionalism, and integrity.
This year, nearly 400 Greenberg Traurig attorneys from across the firm’s U.S. offices are listed in the publication, with 26 of the firm’s attorneys named “Lawyers of the Year.”
The Greenberg Traurig Texas attorneys named in the 2020 edition of Best Lawyers in America include:
- Thomas J. Bond, Administrative/Regulatory Law, Government Relations Practice, Insurance Law (Austin)
- Francis R. Bradley III, Banking and Finance Law (Houston)
- Nan B. Braley, Banking and Finance Law (Dallas)
- Lou Ann Brunenn, Banking and Finance Law (Dallas)
- Kristen T. Burke, Immigration Law (Houston)
- Michael L. Burnett, Construction Law, Litigation – Construction (Houston)
- Mark G. Chretien, Patent Law (Houston)
- Joseph F. Coniglio, Health Care Law (Dallas)
- Jordan W. Cowman, Employment Law – Management, Litigation – Labor and Employment (Dallas)
- Karl G. Dial, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Banking and Finance, Litigation – Intellectual Property, Litigation – Securities (Dallas)
- Kyle K. Fox, Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law (Austin)
- Kendyl T. Hanks, Appellate Practice and Commercial Litigation (Austin)
- Shari L. Heyen, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Bankruptcy Litigation (Houston)
- Christopher M. LaVigne, Commercial Litigation (Dallas)
- James R. Leahy, Energy Law, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs (Houston)
- Mary-Olga Lovett, Commercial Litigation (Houston)
- Michael L. Malone, Health Care Law (Dallas)
- Demetrius G. McDaniel, Administrative/Regulatory Law, Government Relations Practice (Austin)
- Kent Newsome, Real Estate Law (Houston)
- David A. Oliver, Mass Tort Litigation/Class-Actions – Defendants (Houston)
- Tina M. Ross, Real Estate Law (Dallas)
- Barry Senterfitt, Insurance Law, Reinsurance Law (Austin)
- Ben D. Tobor, Copyright Law, Patent Law, Trademark Law (Houston)
- Rene A. Treviño, Patent Law (Houston)
- Dale Wainwright, Appellate Practice (Austin)
- Charles Skip Watson, Appellate Practice (Austin)
- Labry Welty, Tax Law (Dallas)
- Thomas L. Woodman, Insurance Law (Dallas)
- Shira R. Yoshor, Commercial Litigation (Houston)
- Wayne A. Yaffee, Banking and Finance Law, Real Estate Law (Houston)
According to the Best Lawyers website, the attorneys are selected based upon a peer-review process, to capture a general consensus from leaders in the legal field regarding their peers’ accomplishments and capabilities.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP – Texas: Texas is important to Greenberg Traurig and part of its history. With more than 125 Texas lawyers in Austin, Dallas, and Houston, Greenberg Traurig has deep roots in the Texas business, legal, and governmental communities. Greenberg Traurig Texas works with clients to address their interdisciplinary legal needs across the state utilizing the firm’s global platform. The Texas attorneys are experienced in industries key to the state’s future, including: aviation, chemicals, construction, education, energy and natural resources, financial institutions, health care, hedge funds, hospitality, infrastructure, insurance, media, medical devices, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, real estate, retail, sports, technology and software, telecommunications, transportation, and video games and esports.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has approximately 2100 attorneys in 41 locations in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, diversity, and innovation, and is consistently among the largest firms in the U.S. on the Law360 400 and among the Top 20 on the Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.