PHOENIX – August 25, 2020 – The 2021 edition of Best Lawyers in America lists 26 attorneys from the Phoenix office of global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP. Additionally, two attorneys are named “Lawyer of the Year.” The firm is also top-listed nationally for Administrative/Regulatory Law, Corporate Law, Entertainment Law – Music, Government Relations Practice, Litigation – Real Estate, and Real Estate Law.
Brian Blaney is listed as “Lawyer of the Year” for Venture Capital Law and James M. Nelson is listed as “Lawyer of the Year” for Litigation - Labor and Employment. Only one lawyer in each practice and designated metropolitan area is recognized as a “Lawyer of the Year.”
This year, over 400 Greenberg Traurig attorneys from across the firm’s U.S. offices are ranked in the publication, with 26 of the firm’s attorneys named “Lawyers of the Year.” For the 14th consecutive year, Greenberg Traurig is top-listed by Best Lawyers for having the highest number of attorneys listed.
According to the Best Lawyers website, attorneys are selected based upon a peer-review process, to capture a general consensus from leaders in the legal field regarding their peers’ accomplishments and capabilities.
Additionally, this year the inaugural edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch recognizes over 100 attorneys from global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP, including three from the Phoenix office. Adrianna Gorton, (Litigation – Banking and Finance), Aaron T. Lloyd (Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions – Defendants), and Andrew X. Yocopis (Real Estate Law) have been included in this publication. Recognition is awarded to attorneys who are in the earlier stages of their careers and have achieved outstanding professional excellence in private practice. Most recipients are in practice for five to nine years. According to Best Lawyers, recognition by Ones to Watch is based entirely on peer review and employs the same methodology that has made Best Lawyers the gold standard for legal rankings worldwide.
The Phoenix Greenberg Traurig attorneys listed in 2021 Best Lawyers in America are:
- Benjamin Aguilera – Corporate Law, International Trade and Finance Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Brian H. Blaney – Corporate Governance Law, Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law, Securities Regulation, Venture Capital Law
- Mary E. Bruno – Employment Law – Management
- Rebecca Lynne Burnham – Land Use and Zoning Law, Real Estate Law
- Michael Cafiso – Public Finance Law
- John E. Cummerford – Copyright Law, Patent Law, Technology Law, Trademark LawWilliam R. DeHaan – Public Finance Law
- Dominic Draye – Appellate Practice
- Karl A. Freeburg – Banking and Finance Law, Commercial Finance Law
- Robert M. Goldich – Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, Litigation -Labor and Employment
- Nicole Goodwin – Litigation – Real Estate
- Stanton E. Johnson – Real Estate Law
- Robert S. Kant – Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law, Securities Regulation
- Leslie (Les) A. Klein – Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Bruce E. Macdonough – Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law
- James F. Miles – Health Care Law
- Kevin J. Morris – Banking and Finance Law – Management, Real Estate Law
- Bruce T. Neel – Patent Law
- James M. Nelson – Employment Law – Management; Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Caroline Pricher – Real Estate Law
- Stephanie Quincy - Litigation: Labor and Employment Law; Employment Law: Management, Labor Law: Management
- Pamela Overton Risoleo – Commercial Litigation, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Gil Rudolph – Banking and Finance Law, Financial Services Regulation Law
- Jeffrey H. Verbin – Banking and Finance Law, Equipment Finance Law, Financial Services Regulation Law
- Jeffrey Walsh – Commercial Litigation, Construction Law, Litigation – Construction, Litigation – Real Estate
- Quinn P. Williams – Corporate Law, Franchise Law, Venture Capital Law
About Greenberg Traurig’s Phoenix Office: Greenberg Traurig’s Phoenix attorneys practice locally and nationally at the intersection of business, government, and the law. Combining local experience and global reach, the Phoenix team represents clients in matters related to commercial litigation, securities, mergers and acquisitions, health care, municipal and corporate finance, intellectual property, labor and employment, real estate, and tax.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has approximately 2200 attorneys in 41 locations in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, diversity, and innovation, and is consistently among the largest firms in the U.S. on the Law360 400 and among the Top 20 on the Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.