David represents businesses in complex commercial litigation and product liability actions. In addition to prevailing in major cases through dispositive motions, he has tried numerous jury trials to verdict and possesses wide-ranging arbitration experience. A long-time chair of the Miami litigation practice and a current member of GT’s Litigation Executive Committee, David searches for cost-effective and creative strategies to help clients pursue their business objectives.
“A ‘hard-riding litigator’ who ‘has the ability to see through irrelevant facts and focus on what’s important,’ David Coulson receives praise for his ‘excellent courtroom manner’ and for being ‘proactive and very insightful.’ ‘He knows every document. His mastery of the facts is amazing’ and he has been highlighted by sources for his ‘analytical ability and knowledge of class action litigation.’" "Sources appreciate his business-oriented approach and 'ability to think outside the box.'” —Client comments, Chambers USA.
- Jury trials and arbitrations
- Class action defense
- Securities fraud and shareholder derivative actions
- Product liability, product warranty and consumer fraud defense
- Professional liability defense
- Breach of contract, business torts, trade secrets and RICO
- Franchise, distributor and dealer litigation
- Insurance coverage and reinsurance