Michael Taylor is Chair of the firm's OSHA group. He focuses his practice exclusively on representing employers regarding Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Chemical Safety Board (CSB), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) matters across the country. Over the last eighteen years, Michael has defended scores of employers during enforcement litigation before federal OSHA, Cal-OSHA, SC-OSHA, WA-DOSH, as well as other state OSH agencies. Many of these representations have involved a significant injury, fatality, or catastrophic event in the workplace.
Michael also provides OSHA compliance counseling, OSHA inspection counseling, OSHA whistleblower representation, and OSHA due diligence reviews, and CSB investigations for clients. Michael has wide-ranging experience in the workplace safety field, including his prior public service as General Counsel to the Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission, the federal agency in charge of the trials and appeals of workplace safety and health disputes between federal OSHA and the regulated community. In 2020, Michael was recognized as a "Labor & Employment Star" in the Benchmark Litigation Labor & Employment rankings, and, in 2013, EHS Today named Michael as one of the Top 50 People Who Most Influenced Environmental, Health, and Safety. Michael is also the Founder and Host of the Greenberg Traurig Workplace Safety Review Podcast, where he interviews influential environmental, health, and safety professionals across the country in a broad range of industries. A highly committed advocate, Michael's clients can rely on him to be present and engaged regarding any workplace safety and health issue in any state across the country.
- Chemical Safety Board
- Process safety management
- Incident Response
- Energy & natural resources
Podcast | Workplace Safety Review
- Episode 10 | OSHA Enforcement: Its History & Its Future in Workplace Safety
- Episode 9 | A Look Ahead at 2021 - More of the Same for EHS or a Whole New Ballgame?
- Episode 8 | Interview with Doug Parker, Cal-OSHA Chief
- Episode 7 | Accident Investigations: What You Need to Know
- Episode 6 | Interview with Nevada OSHA’s Chief Administrative Officer, Jess Lankford
- Episode 5 | OSHA’s Process Safety Management Standard, A 30-Year Review With David Moore of AcuTech Consulting
- Episode 4 | Interview with Greg Richey of Colden Corporation on COVID-19 and Returning to Work, the Non-Essentials
- Episode 3 | Interview with Hamid Arabzadeh on OSHA Recordkeeping Regulations During COVID-19
- Episode 2 | Interview with Mike Hazzan of Acutech Consulting on PSM Auditing During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Episode 1 | Interview with NIOSH Director John Howard on COVID-19’s Impact on Workplace Safety