Michael P. SimOf Counsel Mike.Sim@gtlaw.com
For more than 40 years, Michael P. Sim has represented clients in a wide variety of commercial and residential real estate matters. Michael also focuses much of his practice on clubs and recreational facilities, resorts, leisure activities, and private and semi-private clubs throughout the United States and in several foreign countries.
- Represented sellers and purchasers in commercial and residential real estate purchase and sale transactions, including vacant land, office buildings, hotels, golf courses and golf clubs, and residential properties.°
- Represented a large number of private clubs and owners of recreational facilities and preparation and amendment of membership and use documents for same, including golf and country clubs, yacht clubs and marinas, beach clubs, ski clubs and social clubs.°
- Examined title insurance commitments and policies, title documents, and surveys, and solved title and survey issues and problems.°
- Prepared and negotiated commercial leases and subleases.°
- Represented borrowers and lenders in connection with commercial loans, including the preparation and issuance of borrower’s opinion letters.°
- Prepared and amended residential homeowners association documents and commercial property owners association documents.°
°The above representations were handled by Mr. Sim prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, P.A.
Recognition & Leadership
- Member, Florida Bar Association, 1980
- Member, Palm Beach County Bar Association, 1980
J.D., with High Honors, University of Florida Levin College of Law
- Editor, Florida Law Review, University of Florida
- B.A., summa cum laude, University of South Florida