Oscar Stephens represents issuers, borrowers, underwriters, investors and lenders in a wide variety of multi-currency financing transactions.
Oscar’s practice focuses on advising private corporations, financial institutions, sovereign and quasi-sovereign entities on bilateral and syndicated lending, private placements and capital markets deals with a cross-border component, particularly in Latin America. He has deep experience in structures involving debtors and assets located in, and revenues originated out of, Central and South America, in diverse transactions such as project finance, project bonds, asset-backed securitizations, future flow structured finance, acquisition finance and secured/leveraged finance. Oscar has relevant experience in the renewable energy infrastructure, oil & gas, banking, financial services, construction, manufacturing, shipping, and food & beverage industries.
A native of Chile, Oscar conducts business in both English and Spanish and has broad experience in civil law jurisdictions throughout the Americas and legal structures used in non-recourse financing. Oscar’s bi-cultural background has allowed him to bridge differences and find common ground in complex transactions involving multiple jurisdictions.
- Project finance, DFI, ECA, and sovereign wealth finance
- Securitization and structured finance
- Convertible debt offerings
- Raising debt capital
- Derivatives and structured products
- Initial public offerings (IPOs)
- Securities and financial regulatory advice
- Company formation
- Disclosure and reporting obligations
- Distressed asset management, refinancing, and restructuring