Mergers & Acquisitions
Incontra il Team >
Overview del Dipartimento
Greenberg Traurig’s M&A Disputes Practice has a global reputation for the services our team provides to companies and entrepreneurs throughout the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Africa. In addition to GT’s unmatched transactional services, our litigators work closely with attorneys in related disciplines – such as white collar criminal defense, and corporate compliance – to provide clients with a strategic portfolio of counseling and defense services. Notably, our team includes a dedicated Delaware office with attorneys who focus on the complex issues presented by M&A litigation in Delaware’s Court of Chancery, Superior Court, and United States District Court.
This multidisciplinary approach helps our clients formulate strategies that limit their litigation risk and exposure. But our practice is not limited to providing advice and settling cases: we are trial lawyers with vast experience in both jury and nonjury proceedings. We also have a proven track record in getting cases dismissed on motions to dismiss or motions for summary judgment, and – more importantly now than ever before – in defeating class certification. This unique skill set also enables us to obtain settlements when that is the right and cost-effective solution.
Our range of services within M&A Disputes include:
- Representation of public and private companies and their officers and directors in derivative claims, direct claims, and class actions asserting breaches of fiduciary duties, waste, and other state law claims that can arise from corporate transactions
- Broad experience attacking demand futility allegations and the judgment to know when – and when not – to establish a special litigation committee
- Counseling special committees and audit committees tasked with evaluating and responding to actions before and after they are filed
- Representation of public and private companies in actions in which shareholders assert appraisal rights
- Representation of companies in connection with disputes involving alleged breaches of representations and warranties in stock purchase agreements and post-sale adjustments