Overview del Dipartimento
As part of Greenberg Traurig’s Tax Practice, our attorneys work with various tax-exempt organizations to:
- Advise on formation of non-profit corporations and charitable trusts.
- Assist with tax exemption applications and private letter ruling requests to the IRS.
- Advise on domestic and international grant-making issues, charitable solicitation, and fundraising compliance.
- Structure mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures of non-profits.
- Advise on the creation of complex structures involving both for-profit and not-for-profit entities.
- Represent clients in state and federal audits and appeals on compensation and excess benefit issues.
- Develop planned giving programs.
- Advise on corporate governance and conflict of interest issues.
- Counsel on director and officer liabilities.