On Thursday, February 16, 2023 Gideon Levy will be a featured panelist on the American Bar Association program titled "Beyond Hidden Battles: Overcoming Imposter Syndrome" presented by the Young Lawyers Division. Discussion points will share techniques to overcome self-doubt and personal incompetence that persist despite your education, experience, and accomplishments. Particularly for people of color, women, and first-generation lawyers.
The program will cover the following topics:
- What "imposter syndrome" is and how it can affect lawyers often despite their high achievements
- How these feelings can affect your performance as an attorney and limit your professional functioning
- Why marginalized populations tend to experience the phenomenon at greater incidence, and how this manifests in the legal world
- How you can overcome the stress and anxiety these feelings create and improve your service to your clients
- How to support attorneys battling imposter syndrome through DEI policies and through other resources