Brian Gaudet works with private and public companies to help design tax-optimal legal entity structures and day-to-day transaction flows. Brian has wide-ranging experience handling domestic and international transactional tax work for buyers, sellers, and investors as well as experience in state & local tax and tax incentive work, including Qualified Opportunity Zone transactions.
Brian also has Tax & Business practice experience that includes estate planning and trust & estate administration. Brian’s Corporate practice experience includes corporate governance & compliance, mergers & acquisitions, private equity, restructuring, and real estate structuring. He approaches issues tactically, with years of experience developing practical legal strategies for clients. For more than a decade, he served as the Head Tax Counsel at CVS Health.
Brian regularly writes on issues related to his tax practice, including IRS Source-of-Income Rules and Business Interest Deduction Limitations for Health Care Entities.
- Qualified Opportunity Zones
- Legal entity structuring
- Domestic and international planning
- Mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Domestic and international tax compliance
- Executive and incentive compensation
- Tax controversies and litigation
- Rule requests and general taxpayer representations
- Federal and state voluntary disclosures
- Corporate transactions
- Public charities, private foundations, social welfare organizations, and political organizations