Jing "Andy" Chen, Ph.D. ˘Patent Agent (Limited Recognition) Andy.Chen@gtlaw.com
Jing “Andy” Chen has rich experience working with established and emerging biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, as well as universities on global patent prosecution and portfolio management. Andy’s background includes molecular and cell biology, microbiology, and label-free imaging techniques. He performs patent drafting, patent prosecution, freedom-to-operate, due diligence, and patentability analysis on a broad spectrum of topics, including antibody engineering, clinical trials with biologics, antibody-drug conjugates, immune-oncology (e.g., CAR-T, immune checkpoint inhibitor), gene editing technologies (e.g., CRISPR and RNAi), gene therapy, plant biology, and nanoparticles. Andy has managed global patent prosecution of a blockbuster drug.
Prior to joining Greenberg Traurig, Andy worked as a patent agent (limited recognition) at an international firm in Boston.
- Visiting Researcher, Boston University Photonics Center, 2017-2018
- Research/Teaching Assistant, Purdue University Life Sciences Department, 2012-2017
- Research Assistant, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2011-2012
- Ph.D., Molecular Biology, Purdue University
- B.S., Biological Sciences, University of Sciences and Technology of China (USTC)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (Limited Recognition)
- Chinese (Mandarin), Native