Jeffrey P. Dunning focuses his practice on advising clients regarding the management of their trademark portfolios, including trademark clearance, registration, maintenance, protection, enforcement, licensing and litigation. Jeff has managed a number of large international trademark portfolios on behalf of major multinational companies in the retail, industrial and food/beverage sectors. For clients needing assistance with patent, unfair competition, domain name and copyright matters, Jeff’s experience extends to providing opinions, prosecution, licensing, litigation and enforcement. In addition, he has deep experience in handling intellectual property litigation, including managing extensive discovery proceedings, obtaining dismissals and summary judgments, and representing clients in numerous evidentiary hearings and jury trials in trademark and patent litigation in federal courts throughout the United States.
- U.S. and foreign trademark clearance, registration, maintenance, protection, enforcement, licensing and litigation
- U.S. and foreign trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings
- Coordinating worldwide anti-counterfeiting enforcement programs
- Trademark, patent, copyright, trade dress, unfair competition and domain name litigation in federal and state courts
- Management of large, diverse international trademark portfolios, including formulation of trademark clearance, prosecution and enforcement strategies, managing foreign counsel, and evaluating and advising clients regarding overall brand protection strategy
- Representation of domestic and foreign trademark applicants in prosecution and adversarial matters before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, including in association with applications filed under the Madrid Protocol
- U.S. and foreign patent, design and copyright prosecution and opinions