Alex E. HartzellAssociate Alex.Hartzell@gtlaw.com
Alex represents a broad spectrum of clients, spanning from large businesses to individuals, officers, trustees, and beneficiaries, throughout the maze of complex civil litigation both in Texas and throughout the United States. His experience includes competitive, high-stakes business disputes, private equity litigation, and fiduciary and/or trusts and estates litigation. Alex aims to understand his clients’ goals as well as their personal situations to tailor an approach that zealously and efficiently advocates his clients’ interests.
Alex also has experience defending businesses against qui tam complaints brought under the False Claims Act (FCA) as well as counseling clients on their obligations with respect to funds received under the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Alex has written on the federal government’s use of the FCA to recover improperly used PPP funds, and he continues to stay on top of new FCA developments to assist defending those facing government or whistleblower scrutiny over their receipt and use of PPP funds.
- Legal Intern, U.S. Department of Justice (Civil Fraud Section), 2020
- Legal Intern, U.S. Mint, 2019
J.D., cum laude, American University Washington College of Law
- Note & Comment Editor, American University Law Review
- B.A., cum laude, Trinity University
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas