Jason E. MerrittOf Counsel firstname.lastname@example.org
Jason E. Merritt is a commercial real estate attorney with a focus on the disposition and sale of distressed real estate assets including residential, commercial, and multi-family properties. Jason’s experience includes commercial leasing, asset purchase transactions, and representation of municipal and public bodies as general counsel.
Jason represents landowners and developers in commercial transactions, as well as lenders and borrowers in commercial real estate lending matters. He advises on the acquisition and financing of multi-family housing projects and also represents owners of agricultural tracts of land in sales to builders. In addition, Jason has deep experience in title insurance, and is authorized to issue title insurance through First American Title Insurance Company.
Jason also has experience in local government law, having served as counsel to several municipalities and public boards in the Central Florida area. Utilizing this experience, Jason advises special districts on matters related to contracts, real property, finance, construction, and public procurement.
- Representation of indenture trustee in the deed-in-lieu acquisition and disposition of a 560-unit multi-family development in Jefferson County, Kentucky.°
- Representation of indenture trustee in the satisfaction and payment of security interests on Dallas, Texas charter school following loss of charter.°
- Representation of indenture trustee controlled special purpose entity (SPE) in the disposition of a Livermore, California former charter school facility.°
- Representation of indenture trustee in the disposition of a 148-unit multi-family development in Memphis, Tennessee pursuant to a Bankruptcy Court ordered Section 363 sale.°
- Representation of indenture trustee in the state tax lien foreclosure and subsequent sale of 200+ lots in Yuma County, Arizona.°
- Representation of institutional investor in the sale of a permitted assisted living facility site in Palm Beach County, Florida.°
- Representation of indenture trustee controlled SPE in the acquisition via deed in lieu and sale of a 36-acre partially developed multi-family project in St. Lucie County, Florida.°
- Representation of multiple Florida community development districts in the acquisition of golf course facilities.°
°The above representations were handled by Mr. Merritt prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, P.A.
Recognition & Leadership
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Public Finance Law, 2023
- Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, “Rising Star,” 2009
- Listed, Florida Trend magazine, “Up and Coming Legal Elite,” 2008-2009
- Member, Florida Bar
- Member, Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section
- Agent, First American Title Insurance Company
- Member, St. Peter’s Anglican Cathedral
- Volunteer, Boy Scouts of America, 2011-2015
- Member, Florida Municipal Attorneys Association, 2002-2006
J.D., with high honors, University of Florida Levin College of Law
- Order of the Coif
- B.S., summa cum laude, Florida State University