Partha S. Pal focuses his practice on the financing of commercial real estate assets. Partha has led the execution of transactions involving real estate assets in the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, Sweden and Finland, as well as in South Korea, PRC, and Hong Kong.
Partha's experience covers the whole spectrum of commercial real estate lending arrangements, acting for both bank and non-bank lenders as well as for borrowers. He has experience of all major commercial real estate asset types including assets which involve active operation such as student accommodation, common work spaces, petrol stations, data centres and private rented sector/build to rent assets. In addition, he has deep experience of loan-on-loan financing and loan repo arrangements as well as sophisticated capital markets products relating to commercial real estate, particularly commercial mortgage backed securities and real estate related non-performing loan securitisations. He also advises regularly on regulatory matters relating to investments in securitised products, particularly in relation to risk-retention considerations.
Given his long experience of the securitisation and structured finance markets, Partha has and continues to advise on structured financing transactions involving other asset classes such as residential mortgage loans, commercial loans, consumer loans, trade receivables, equipment lease receivables, and credit card receivables.
Partha joined Greenberg Traurig, LLP in November 2018 from another leading U.S. law firm's London office.
- Commercial real estate finance (lender and borrower representations; whole loan, senior loan and mezzanine loans; investment finance and construction finance; distressed and rescue financings)
- Cash-flow and synthetic commercial mortgage backed securities
- Commercial real estate loan sales
- Commercial real estate loan-related whole sale financing arrangements
- Non-performing loan sales and securitisations
- Securitisation and structured financing transactions
- Fund financings relating to commercial real estate funds
- Related financial restructuring and regulatory matters