Raffael FiumaraShareholder Raffael.Fiumara@gtlaw.com
Raffael Fiumara has wide-ranging corporate, securities, and regulatory experience across over a decade of private practice and in-house experience. Raffael focuses his practice on public and private equity and debt capital markets, SEC and stock exchange reporting, corporate governance and compliance obligations, and general corporate matters, as well as alternative capital and other financing transactions. Raffael represents clients across a variety of industries, including FinTech, Technology & Media, Health Care and Biotechnology, Financial Services, Industrials, Energy, and Consumer Retail.
Prior to joining Greenberg Traurig, Raffael served as vice president and senior counsel at Goldman Sachs for the Investment Banking Division, providing legal, policy, reputational, transactional and commercial advice and on all aspects of the Investment Banking business.
- Equity and debt capital markets, including IPOs and follow-on equity offerings, convertible notes, investment grade and high yield debt, exchange offers, and private placements
- SEC and stock exchange reporting, corporate governance, and compliance obligations
- Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPACs)
- Continuation Funds
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Across private practice and in-house roles, Raffael has experience on over a thousand transactions across all industries and products, including:
- $2 billion initial public offering of a financial technology company °
- $500 million + initial public offering of a biotechnology company°
- $500 million + private placement of a private biotechnology company°
- $1.5 billion + acquisition financing (including equity and convertible debt) of a publicly-traded industrial company°
- $15 billion+ SPAC business combination with a biotechnology company°
- $3 billion+ SPAC business combination with a technology company°
- $2.5 billion+ SPAC business combination with an alternative energy company°
- $5 billion + investment grade bond offering of a consumer services technology company
°The above representations were handled by Mr. Fiumara prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, P.A.
- Vice President and Senior Counsel, Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC, 2016-2022
- Member, American Bar Association
- J.D., Harvard Law School
- B.A., magna cum laude, New York University
- New York