John F. Gibbons is Co-Managing Shareholder of the Chicago Office and has more than 30 years of experience handling a broad range of civil and criminal matters for national corporations, financial institutions, brokerage houses, pension funds, real estate entities, and individuals, including fraud, FCA, breach of contract, trade secret, class action, civil rights, commercial and criminal securities cases, grand jury investigations, white collar defense, FCPA issues, corporate internal investigations and appeals. He has advised many corporate clients on issues confronting them on an everyday basis and has been responsible for matters pending before the Justice Department, SEC, NASD, EPA and various Attorney General and state regulatory bodies.
John previously served as an Assistant U.S. Attorney in Los Angeles for six years and as the supervisor of the Financial Crime and Government Fraud Unit of the Cook County State's Attorney's Office in Chicago.
- White collar criminal and regulatory litigation
- FCA, anti-kickback and qui tam defense
- Securities and financial fraud
- FCPA investigations
- Class action defense
- Trade secret prosecution
- SEC and FINRA Investigations
- Corporate internal investigations and compliance
- RICO and complex civil litigation
- Police brutality and corruption
- Civil rights