Greenberg Traurig’s presence in Israel is unique. We are the only major international law firm with a multidisciplinary registered office in Tel Aviv, one of the leading innovation and business capitals of the world.
We act as a gateway for Israeli businesses and entrepreneurs seeking legal counsel in relation to opportunities in the Americas, Europe, Asia, and throughout the world. Additionally, Greenberg Traurig’s global client base benefits from our on-the-ground knowledge of the legal aspects related to doing business with Israelis, and our depth of experience in assisting clients with legal matters related to opportunities in Israel.
We are proud that our Israel Practice has been actively serving clients for more than 15 years, and includes more than 100 of our attorneys from other offices all around the world.
Members of our global Israel Practice work hand-in-hand with attorneys resident in our Tel Aviv office, providing clients access to a network of professionals with the legal experience, business acumen, technical knowledge, political experience, language capabilities, and cultural understanding needed for doing business in and with Israel.
We have a strong grasp of the legal challenges facing the Israel-related business arena, and thus are able to offer a multi-disciplinary, integrated team of professionals to assist clients with a range of corporate and commercial law issues including:
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- UK, Dutch, German, and Poland matters
- Private Equity & Venture Capital
- Patents, Trademarks, & Copyrights
- Joint Ventures & Strategic Partnerships
- Litigation and Investigations
- International Real Estate
- White Collar Crime
- Technology, Licensing, & Cyber
- Asia, Europe, & Latin America Practices
- International Tax
- Public & Private Offerings
- Global Trade
- SEC Compliance
- Governmental Affairs
The Israel Practice and Tel Aviv office maintain the GT Israel Blog, available here
We regularly work with multinational corporations, private companies, financial institutions, venture funds, family offices, and later-stage startups across a variety of industries. We also frequently work with numerous local Israeli law firms to provide them with assistance with respect to their Israeli clients’ global needs outside of Israel, in the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
Community & Civic Involvement
Greenberg Traurig regularly sponsors events around the world that promote the Israeli business community and Israel’s status as the “Startup Nation.” Selected recent events organized or sponsored by Greenberg Traurig:
- The Crossroads of Cyber & Security: Where the Business and Law of Cyber & Security Meet
- Launch of the Urban Land Institute (ULI) in Israel
- OurCrowd Global Investment Summit
- Best Practices in Intellectual Property Conference
- Annual Trendlines Company Showcase
- Big in Japan – Startup Nation meets the Rising Sun
- Emerging Technology Briefing: FinTech Evolution in Germany and Israel
- The China-Israel Investment Summit
- From “Start-Up Nation” to “Start-Up Region” – Making your Mark in Latin America
- Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) Annual Summit
- Annual Conference of the Israel Bar Association
- Israel Bar Association Delegation Reception at the IBA Conference in Washington D.C.
Greenberg Traurig’s Tel Aviv office and Israel Practice are involved in the community and are committed to supporting Israeli social causes and the values of Tikkun Olam (social justice). Greenberg Traurig is proud to provide pro bono legal assistance and financial support to numerous charitable organizations that serve Israel and the worldwide Jewish community, including:
- Women's International Zionist Organization (WIZO)
- United Hatzalah
- Magen David Adom (MADA)
- Tmura - The Israeli Public Service Venture Fund
- Rabin Medical Center
- United Jewish Appeal (UJA)/ Federation of Jewish Philanthropies
- IRHA (Israel Recreational Hockey Association)
- Colel Chabad/ Pantry Packers Soup Kitchens