Overview del Dipartimento
Greenberg Traurig’s Workplace Compliance & Counseling team includes a diverse group of lawyers who focus on employment counseling and compliance with employment laws and regulatory requirements. We provide pragmatic employment legal counsel—both nationwide and jurisdiction specific—that accounts for each client’s risk tolerance, cultural realities, operational bandwidth, and budget. We partner with clients of various sizes and industries to design and implement employment programs, systems and initiatives, including DE&I, that help foster positive employee relations, strengthen compliance and brand reputation, and help clients create a smooth and respectful workplace built on a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. From pre-employment and onboarding processes to employment policies to enforcement of post-employment restrictions, we can methodically and strategically audit virtually every aspect of the employment relationship. GT’s team excels at identifying where practices and procedures fail to align with policies and objectives, and then remediating these gaps through industry, audience and client-tailored training programs, policy-to-practice initiatives, customized toolkits and everyday guidance for front-line management.
We audit and advise on the following issues:
- Hiring, Rehiring, and Onboarding Strategic Guidance
- Background Checks: Fair Credit Reporting Act FCRA (federal and state), EEOC Guidance, Conviction/Arrest Record Restrictions
- Wage & Hour: Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and Related State Laws and Regulations
- Pay Equity: Internal Pay Audits and Compensation Analyses under the Attorney-Client Privilege
- Government Contractor Compliance: Affirmative Action Plans and Programs and Other Contractor Obligations
- Workplace Investigations and Related Guidance
- LGBTQ+ Issues: Workplace Protections, Accommodations, and Best Practices
- Workforce Readjustments including Reductions in Force, Furloughs, WARN/Notice Obligations, Impact Analyses, and Employee Resource Guides
- Restrictive Covenants: Strategic Drafting, Assessments and Enforcement
- Navigating Block and Intermittent Leave Challenges: FMLA, Workers’ Compensation, ADA Leave Accommodations and their Relation to Attendance, Punctuality, and Call-In Policies
- Job Related Accommodations and ADA Interactive Process
- ADA Accessibility & Public Accommodations
- Paid Sick Leave Laws & PTO obligations
- Predictability Statutes/Ordinances and other State/Local Requirements
- Positive Labor Relations for Unionized Workforces
- Union Avoidance Strategies for Non-Unionized Workforces
GT offers interactive training on a wide variety of relevant legal compliance topics and supports our clients’ commitments to maintaining exceptional standards of conduct within a professional work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect. From Respectful Workforce & Inclusive Workplace training to best practices in pay equity and conducting workplace investigations, we constantly update our training programs to reflect recent legal developments and cultural realities. Our trainings are not only tailored in content, but also tailored in tone to effectively resonate with all employee populations from the C-suite to management (whether corporate and/or the field) and to rank and file employees. Our experienced team members present legal concepts in a digestible, non-legal way by using highly customized, relatable real-life hypotheticals tailored to each client’s workplace.
Moreover, with a heightened awareness of harassment claims and social unrest, GT’s team routinely handles highly sensitive harassment and discrimination investigations, including preparing and/or counseling employers to draft investigation reports. We also counsel on specific and systemic measures to help minimize the risk of lawsuits and liability.