Helena RaifmanShareholder email@example.com
Helena Raifman focuses her practice on various aspects of real estate law. She has represented owners, investors, borrowers, lenders and developers in various types of commercial and residential real estate transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions, development, permanent, bridge and construction financing, mezzanine financing, equity investments and leasing. She has wide-ranging experience in real estate assemblage and portfolio transactions.
Helena has also represented institutional lenders, hedge funds, private equity funds, real estate investors and other financial institutions in corporate lending and borrowing transactions, including senior, subordinated, secured, second lien and unsecured credit facilities, distressed debt restructuring and general corporate matters.
- Real estate finance and investments
- Acquisitions and dispositions
- Debt restructuring and workouts
Esperienze Professionali - Attività Accademiche
- Representation of a subsidiary of a publicly traded REIT as a borrower in the refinancing of a $300 million mortgage facility secured by a ground lessee interest in the Graybar Building, New York, New York.
- Representation of a subsidiary of a publicly traded REIT in connection with a mezzanine loan made to finance the acquisition and proposed construction of the Mercedes Building in New York, New York.
- Representation of one of the largest Israeli real estate investment companies in a $145 million acquisition from the City of New York, joint venture and acquisition and construction financing of 346 Broadway, New York, New York.
- Representation of a subsidiary of a publicly traded REIT in the acquisition of a portfolio consisting of 3 properties located in North Carolina, Iowa and Georgia in exchange for the issuance of operating partnership units and assumption of 4 existing loans.
- Representation of a private equity fund in an assemblage acquisition of 2 residential properties and 1 commercial property on East 78th Street, New York, New York, and $45 million acquisition and construction financing for the development of a commercial and residential condominium project.
- Representation of Starwood in the winning bid for and a $191 million acquisition of a distressed portfolio of 11 properties consisting of office buildings and shopping malls located in California, Arizona, Virginia, Kansas and Tennessee.
- Representation of a subsidiary of a publicly traded REIT in a $52 million mortgage and $7 million mezzanine construction financing facility made in connection with the development of 200 Lafayette Street, New York, New York.
- Representation of a subsidiary of a publicly traded REIT in a $365 million sale of a ground lessor interest in 2 Herald Square, New York, New York, and the defeasance of existing financing.
- Representation of a subsidiary of a publicly traded REIT in a (a) $32 million acquisition of the 75% fee interest in 719 Seventh Avenue, New York, New York, from multiple tenants-in-common in exchange for common shares of beneficial interest in the REIT or convertible preferred units of limited partnership interests in a subsidiary of the REIT and (b) $9.2 million stock purchase of the 25% tenant-in-common interest in 719 Seventh Avenue, New York, New York.
- Representation of KBS in the sale of a portfolio consisting of 41 properties located in Florida, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Georgia, Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina.
- Representation of a private equity fund in a joint venture in connection with the purchase and development of 11 properties in Los Angeles, California.
- Representation of Normandy Real Partners in connection with a partnership with Read Property Group, Princeton Holdings, Royalton Capital and Sciame Development to acquire and renovate, and to obtain construction financing for the acquisition and the renovation of a three-acre site at 333 Johnson Avenue in Brooklyn, New York. The planned development would be the first mixed-use office, retail and restaurant complex in Bushwick.
- Representation of Vista Equity Partners (Vista), a leading private equity firm focused on software, data, and technology-enabled businesses, in connection with the real estate matters involved in its acquisition of Regulatory DataCorp, Inc. (RDC) from Bain Capital Ventures and others.
Riconoscimenti e Premi
- Team Member, Chambers & Partners USA Real Estate Law Firm of the Year, 2013, 2017-2018, and 2022
- Team Member, a U.S. News - Best Lawyers®, "Law Firm of the Year" in Real Estate Law, 2015
- Team Member, a Law360 "Real Estate Practice Group of the Year," 2012, 2013, 2015, and 2022
- Team Member, The Legal 500 United States, "Top Tier" Firm in Real Estate, 2013 and 2014
Laurea magistrale in Giurisprudenza, Brooklyn Law School
- Notes and Comments Editor, Journal of Law and Policy
- Diploma di maturità, New York University
- New Jersey
- New York
- Russian, Fluente