FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – Dec. 4, 2017 – Global law firm Greenberg Traurig, P.A. is hosting a roundtable discussion on “Proxy Season Outlook: How to Prepare for the 2018 Proxy and Annual Report” from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Dec. 5, 2017 at the JW Marriott Marquis Miami.
The annual event, presented by the firm’s Corporate Practice, is attended by numerous general counsels from some of South Florida’s most prominent publicly-traded corporations, along with compensation and corporate governance experts.
“As we enter the critical proxy season, we hope to provide meaningful insight designed to help in-house counsel address some of the new and complex issues they will face in 2018,” said Kara L. MacCullough, Greenberg Traurig Corporate Practice Shareholder and event organizer. “We are very much looking forward to the knowledge-sharing and insightful conversations that have always been hallmarks of this annual event.”
Discussion at the event will center on:
- CEO Pay Ratio is a reality for the 2018 Proxy Statement season. Understand the process of determining CEO pay ratio and crafting related disclosures and other stakeholder communications.
- Institutional and activist shareholders have turned their focus from proxy access to a variety of board-related governance issues, such as refreshment, recruitment, and diversity. Discuss strategies for engaging shareholders and resolving shareholder proposals.
- Updates and background on understanding how Institutional Shareholder Services (ISS) and Glass Lewis continue to play key roles in obtaining shareholder approval of equity compensation plans and positive say-on-pay votes, plus options for responding to negative recommendations.
- Recommendations on how in-house counsel can play a key role in analyzing and implementing new revenue recognition standards and understand the SEC’s ongoing focus on non-GAAP financial measures.
In addition to MacCullough, Greenberg Traurig Corporate Shareholders Drew M. Altman, Elizabeth W. Fraser, Laurie L. Green, Flora R. Perez, and Joshua M. Samek will be speakers and panelists at the event. Other featured presenters:
- Mark A. Borges, a Principal with Compensia, Inc., a management consulting firm providing executive compensation advisory services to compensation committees and senior management of knowledge-based companies.
- Monica Frank, Assurance Senior Manager at Ernst & Young LLP
- Victor Li, Executive Vice President of Governance Advisory for Kingsdale Advisors
- General Counsels at South Florida public companies
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP has more than 2,000 attorneys in 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East and is celebrating its 50th anniversary. One firm worldwide, GTLaw has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, was named the largest firm in the U.S. by Law360 in 2017, and among the Top 20 on the 2016 Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.