CHICAGO – June 1, 2017 – Global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP has 19 attorneys and six practice areas from its Chicago office recognized in the 2017 edition of Chambers USA Guide. Firmwide, more than 175 attorneys were recognized in this year’s guide. Additionally, the firm’s Real Estate Practice received the Chambers USA Award for Excellence in Real Estate. This is the 11th consecutive year the team has been recognized at the awards, also winning in 2010 and 2013.
According to its website, Chambers and Partners, publisher of the annual Guide, selects attorneys and practice areas for inclusion based on thousands of interviews with practicing lawyers and clients around the world.
In the USA Guide, attorneys and practice areas are ranked by placement in “Bands,” with Band 1 being the highest placement. Attorneys can also be designated as a “Star Individual,” “Eminent Practitioner,” “Senior Statesman,” “Up and Coming,” “Star Associate,” or “Associate to Watch” by market and practice.
The Chicago attorneys recognized for their practices in Illinois include:
• Sean W. Bezark – Environment: Mainly Transactional
• Andrew R. Cardonick – Banking & Finance
• Francis A. Citera – Litigation: General Commercial (Recognised Practitioner)
• Michael T. Fishman – Real Estate
• Mark R. Galis – Intellectual Property
• Richard D. Harris – Intellectual Property (Recognised Practitioner)
• Michael D. Karpeles – Labor & Employment
• Matthew R. Lewin – Banking & Finance
• Peter H. Lieberman – Corporate/M&A
• Corey E. Light – Real Estate
• Felicia V. Manno – Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations (Up and Coming)
• Todd A. Mazur – Corporate/M&A: Private Equity (Up and Coming)
• Scott Mendeloff – Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations
• Nancy A. Peterman – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
• Keith J. Shapiro – Bankruptcy/Restructuring (Eminent Practitioner)
• Gary R. Silverman – Corporate/M&A: Private Equity
• Richard A. Sirus – Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation
Chicago attorneys recognized for their practices “Nationwide” include:
In addition to the individuals recognized, the firm’s following practice areas were ranked in Illinois:
• Banking & Finance
• Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
• Intellectual Property
• Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations
• Real Estate
For a complete listing of rankings, client and peer commentary, and editorial summaries by Chambers researches and editors, please click here.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GTLaw) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East and is celebrating its 50th anniversary. One firm worldwide, GTLaw has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, was named the largest firm in the U.S. by Law360 in 2017, and among the Top 20 on the 2016 Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.