David Ortigoza focuses his practice on commercial real estate matters, including acquisition and disposition of fee and ground leasehold interests; real property financing and refinancing; lease agreements for office, retail, and industrial properties; and joint venture transactions and sale-leaseback transactions. He also assists clients with matters related to the transactions listed above, such as title, survey, and zoning due diligence; forming entities; negotiating loan agreements; property management agreements; and leasing agreements.
Prior to his legal career, David worked in the commercial real estate industry as an asset manager and workout specialist for distressed commercial real estate assets. He also served as a bond surveillance analyst for a proprietary trader of commercial mortgage-backed securities
- Acquisition of investment grade office, retail, and industrial properties in primary markets
- Negotiation of loan agreements with institutional lenders for purchase financing and refinancing owned real properties
- Title, survey, and zoning due diligence for property acquisitions
- Negotiation of commercial leases for major leases at office, retail, and industrial properties
- Assist asset managers in the management of owned/managed properties such as landlord-tenant issues, vendor contracts, and compliance with loan, legal, and regulatory obligations