Overview del Dipartimento
In the last decade, rapid advances in augmented and virtual reality technology have resulted in fundamental – and potentially disruptive – changes to the business models of many traditional companies in the entertainment industries, as well as many other industries including medicine, construction, engineering and real estate. Greenberg Traurig’s Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality Practice combines GT's international media and entertainment resources and years of experience working on the cutting edge of the technologies that brought about these changes, to guide Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality (AR/VR) companies dealing with the new realities of tomorrow’s innovations.
The AR/VR industry has seemingly infinite possibilities and applications. As with any scientific advancement, there is a lag between technology and the laws that govern it. We help guide our AR/VR clients -- from startups to multi-billion dollar companies – through the creation of original IP for AR/VR exploitation, the repurposing of existing IP, as well as the development of new and innovative forms of exploitation of AR/VR content.
Our AR/VR experience includes:
- Content development, hosting, sponsorship, manufacturing, and marketing agreements
- Software and content technology licensing and publication agreements
- Corporate and venture financing
- Buying and selling VR companies
- Patent, trademark, and copyright counseling and portfolio management
- Promotions and advertising
- Privacy and cybersecurity concerns
- Business immigration and compliance work for VR companies
- Tax analysis for sale of virtual goods and currency
- Import/export advice