Overview del Dipartimento
Greenberg Traurig’s Digital Infrastructure, Data Center and Cloud Computing Industry Group is composed of a dedicated team of attorneys with experience advising clients in virtually every type of cloud transaction in more than 100 countries, including some of the largest data center operators and content and cloud service providers in the world. We regularly represent data center operators, cloud service providers, telecommunications carriers, content providers, investors, and lenders in connection with data center acquisitions, leases and development projects, terrestrial network deals, and submarine cable consortium and private subsea cable contracts.
Our clients trust us to guide them on communications laws and regulations domestically and internationally, assisting with telecommunications regulatory compliance and licensing, cybersecurity, data protection, and privacy regulation matters. We serve as counsel in regulatory investigations and class action litigation that arises in connection with privacy and data security breaches.
We seamlessly combine core transactional capabilities with deep industry experience, identifying key risks and creatively structuring cloud transactions to help further our clients’ business objectives.
Mergers & Acquisitions; Financing
- We represent some of the world’s largest private equity firms, infrastructure funds, real estate investors, and companies in connection with transactions in the telecom, media and technology (TMT) and digital infrastructure space globally, including with respect to mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, real estate acquisitions and dispositions, financing arrangements, and commercial transactions. We also regularly advise lenders with respect to financings and restructurings in the TMT and cloud sectors. Our attorneys routinely handle a broad range of transactions, including multibillion-dollar cross-border mergers and acquisitions and international project finance and development deals.
Data Center Transactions
- DATA CENTER LEASES AND SERVICE AGREEMENTS
We regularly represent providers and customers in connection with the sale and purchase of data center capacity throughout the world. We negotiate data center leases on behalf of wholesale and retail purchasers and providers of cloud services, as well as leases and services agreements for edge colocation sites. We understand the operational concerns facing our clients and are experienced in negotiating service level agreements (SLAs) in virtually every market.
- DATA CENTER DEVELOPMENT, DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION
We assist our clients with complex data center development projects, domestically and internationally, over the entire cycle of the development process, including land acquisition, design and construction, environmental permitting, zoning, land use, government incentives, energy procurement and tax issues.
Network Infrastructure Transactions
- TERRESTRIAL NETWORK TRANSACTIONS
We have negotiated terrestrial fiber network transactions with nearly every major network operator in the world. These transactions include dark fiber indefeasible right of use agreements, colocation services agreements, IP transit and peering agreements, equipment leasing and purchase contracts, software and platform licensing, interconnection agreements, content delivery network contracts, caching node agreements, and network security mitigation agreements.
- TOWER TRANSACTIONS
We represent clients in some of the largest mergers and acquisitions in the tower industry, including one of the world’s largest tower companies in a broad range of transactions including site acquisitions, public and private equity and debt oﬀerings, public and private debt tender oﬀers, bridge loan and secured loan facilities, structuring and oﬀering of derivative instruments, corporate governance and securities, and regulatory compliance matters. We have also represented numerous large private equity firms in connection with their investments in, and acquisitions of, tower assets, as well as tower companies in connection with such investments.
- SUBMARINE CABLE TRANSACTIONS
Our attorneys have handled many of the major subsea deals, including those involving subsea cable consortia, and the financing, construction, sale, and purchase of private cable systems. We negotiate submarine cable construction and maintenance agreements, joint build agreements, cable landing stations contract operation and maintenance agreements, system supply agreements, IRU agreements, backhaul deals, project finance and loan documents, subordination and non-disturbance agreements, and investment instruments.
Enterprise Customer Transactions
- We represent enterprise customers on key issues associated with the development and license of various digital infrastructure services. We have experience representing content providers, financial institutions, airlines, retailers, manufacturers, healthcare and pharmaceutical companies, and other enterprise customers in connection with unique requirements relating to their procurement of cloud service oﬀerings, as well as data center operators, telecommunications carriers, content providers, REITs, and other investors and lenders. We assist enterprise clients in negotiating favorable solutions to regulatory and legal requirements as they apply in a cloud-based environment.
Telecommunications, Privacy Regulation & Cybersecurity
- We assist clients with telecommunications regulatory compliance and licensing, cybersecurity, data protection and privacy regulation domestically and internationally. Our Data Privacy & Cybersecurity attorneys advise clients on liability mitigation strategies in the cloud computing area, including PCI compliance, cross-border data transfer rules, and special requirements governing the collection, use and transmittal of sensitive information, such as electronic medical records and financial services account information. We serve as counsel in regulatory investigations and class action litigation that in privacy and data security breaches.
To learn more about our Digital Infrastructure, Data Center and Cloud Computing capabilities, please feel free to reach out to our Digital Infrastructure, Data Center and Cloud Computing Group Contacts.