James LeBrunPractice Group Attorney James.LeBrun@gtlaw.com
James LeBrun is an aviation attorney advising clients on the sale, lease, and financing of aircraft as well as other transactional, regulatory, and taxation issues and related litigation and administrative agency enforcement matters.
James has direct experience with aviation having worked as a pilot, flight instructor, and mechanic for more than two decades. He served honorably with the United States Marine Corps, attached to VMFA-312 as an aircraft mechanic, and then worked as an airline transport pilot (multi-engine land) with type ratings on the Learjet, Falcon 20, G-1159, and Hawker 4000, as well as a commercial pilot (single engine land). He maintains his certification as a flight instructor. In addition, James is an FAA-certified Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic (A&P).
- Business and private aircraft acquisition and sales
- Aircraft ownership and operating advice on federal state and local tax issues
- Regulatory structuring and compliance
- Risk management
- Aircraft management and charter
- Aircraft Property Tax Issues (Texas only)
Esperienze Professionali - Attività Accademiche
- Represented a large corporation in the purchase and post-closing asset backed re-finance of multiple large cabin aircraft.
- Represented a Fortune 15 company in negotiations with a commercial lender in connection with the lease and sublease of a multiple aircraft fleet.
- Represented a Bermuda corporation with its aircraft operational issues, tax planning, and cross-border aircraft purchase and financing package.
- Represented an individual in the sale of current aircraft and the negotiation, delivery, importation, registration and acceptance of a large cabin business aircraft.
°The above representations were handled by Mr. LeBrun prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
- Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic, Federal Aviation Administration
- Airline Transport Pilot, Federal Aviation Administration
- Flight Instructor, CFI, CFII, MEI, Federal Aviation Administration
- Mechanic, United States Marine Corps, VMFA-312, 1988-1992
- Pilot, Empire Aviation Group, 2008-2010
- Pilot, USA Jet Airlines, 2004-2008
- Pilot, Cape Air, 2002
- Pilot Airnet Systems, 2000-2002
- Pilot, Ameriflight, LLC, 1999-2000
Riconoscimenti e Premi
- Member, State Bar of Texas, 2013
- Member, National Business Aviation Association (NBAA)
- Member, NBAA Domestic Operations Committee
- Laurea magistrale in Giurisprudenza, Texas Wesleyan University School of Law
- B.S., Professional Aeronautics, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University