James LeBrun is an aviation attorney advising clients on the sale, lease, and financing of aircraft as well as other transactional, regulatory, and taxation issues and related litigation and administrative agency enforcement matters.
James has direct experience with aviation having worked as a pilot, flight instructor, and mechanic for more than two decades. He served honorably with the United States Marine Corps, attached to VMFA-312 as an aircraft mechanic, and then worked as an airline transport pilot (multi-engine land) with type ratings on the Learjet, Falcon 20, G-1159, and Hawker 4000, as well as a commercial pilot (single engine land). He maintains his certification as a flight instructor. In addition, James is an FAA-certified Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic (A&P).
- Business and private aircraft acquisition and sales
- Aircraft ownership and operating advice on federal state and local tax issues
- Regulatory structuring and compliance
- Risk management
- Aircraft management and charter
- Aircraft Property Tax Issues (Texas only)