Travis M. WalkerShareholder Travis.Walker@gtlaw.com
Travis M. Walker is a transaction and business law attorney with experience in mergers and acquisitions, joint venture transactions, private equity and venture capital transactions, buyouts and recapitalizations, corporate restructurings, corporate governance and compliance, as well as other general corporate matters. Travis’ specific industry experience includes manufacturing, software and technology, and representing developers and investors in real estate joint ventures.
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Joint venture transactions
- Private equity and venture capital transactions
- Buyouts and recapitalizations
- Corporate restructurings
- Corporate governance and compliance
- General corporate law
Esperienze Professionali - Attività Accademiche
- Jeffrey Tannenbaum, Barry Tannenbaum - Representation of the shareholders of J. Tech Sales, a national distributor of specialty chemicals and ingredients, in its acquisition by Maroon Group, a portfolio company of CI Capital Partners.
- Loews Hotels Holding Corporation - Representation of Loews Hotels Holding Corporation in forming a partnership to finance, develop and operate a new hotel complex as part of the Universal Orlando Resort with Universal Parks and Resorts. The development, to be located on the former site of the Wet ‘n Wild water park, will include a total of 4,000 new hotel rooms, resort-style landscaping and pools, and retail and food and beverage amenities. We assisted with negotiation and completion of all real estate, hospitality, corporate, and financing documents, including a partnership agreement, ground lease, hotel management agreement, and a $408 million construction loan provided by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
- MiddleGround Capital Partners - Representation of a Branzino Acquisition Vehicle, Inc., a portfolio company of private equity fund Middle Ground Equity Partners, in its purchase of 100% of the capital stock of a Peterson American Corporation, a Michigan-based company specializing in manufacturing springs and related components for the automotive industry.
- NLFC Holdings Corp. - Representation of NLFC Holdings Corp. and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Navitas Credit Corp. (“Navitas”), in a merger transaction with United Community Banks, Inc. (NASDAQ:UCBI) whereby United Community Banks acquired NLFC, including Navitas, for $130 million. Headquartered in Ponte Vedra, Florida, Navitas is a premier specialty lending company providing equipment finance credit services to small and medium-sized businesses nationwide.
- Confidential Client - Representation of a private equity portfolio company in its acquisition of a company specializing in flat rate pricing and consulting services for business, especially in the HVAC, plumbing and pool industries.
- Penn-Florida Capital Corporation - Representation of Penn-Florida Companies, a developer, in connection with the financing of US$398 million in loans for the development of Via Mizner, a Boca Raton mixed-use luxury project. The financing package is intended for several aspects of the project, including refinancing the existing apartment building; construction of a Mandarin Oriental hotel, which will be affiliated with a country club; and the start of construction on The Residences at Mandarin Oriental, Boca Raton, a condominium segment. The financing was obtained from Mack Real Estate Credit Strategies, a New-York based real estate investor, and from the U.S. Immigration Fund, an operator of an EB-5 program that allows foreigners to obtain green cards if they invest in job-creating U.S. projects. The first mortgage on one of the four parcels, which was an EB-5 loan deal, was replaced by a mezzanine loan so that the lender in the refinancing transaction could take a first mortgage position on the parcel.
- Confidential Client - Representation of a Tennessee-based software and payment processing platform and portfolio company of several private equity funds, in its acquisition of a New York-based software company specializing in property management solutions.
- Round Hill Capital - Representation of Round Hill Capital in connection with a $19.3 million construction loan from City National Bank to build its The SIX13 apartment project in a Fort Lauderdale qualified Opportunity Zone. The Six13 project will be six stories, with 197 garage parking spaces and 5,991 square feet of ground-floor restaurant and commercial space. Amenities will include a pool with private cabanas, a fitness facility, a rooftop observation deck with bocce ball court, a dog park, a ground level co-working space, and an onsite coffee bar for residents. It is expected to be completed in the spring of 2020.
- SIM Group Holdings, LLC - Representation of Meyers Group in connection with formation of entities, $21 million acquisition and initial financing of the Camino Real Hotel in Texas.
- Sight Medical Doctors PLLC - Representation of Sight Medical Doctors PLLC, a New York-based regional leader in comprehensive eye care services, in their strategic partnership with Chicago Pacific Founders, a Chicago and San Francisco-based strategic healthcare investment private equity fund.
- Confidential Client - Representation of an Alabama-based software company specializing in the mental and behavioral health space, and a portfolio company of several private equity funds, in its acquisition of an Oregon-based software company.
- Confidential Client - Representation of an Alabama-based software company specializing in the mental and behavioral space, and a portfolio company of several private equity funds, in its acquisition of certain software assets of a North Carolina-based software company.
- Trivest Partners, L. P. - Representation of Trivest Partners, a Florida-based private equity firm, in connection with the sale of Advanced Discovery Holding Corporation, a leading legal services company.
- Judicial Intern, Justice Quince, The Supreme Court of the State of Florida, Summer 2011
Riconoscimenti e Premi
- Listed, Fort Lauderdale Illustrated, "Top Lawyers," Corporate Law, 2022
- Member, Leadership Broward Class XXXVII
- LL.M., Taxation, University of Florida Levin College of Law
- Laurea magistrale in Giurisprudenza, magna cum laude, University of Florida Levin College of Law
- B.S., University of Florida